Mac's Bench

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Mac's Bench

Post by Macd »

Cluttered and a corner of my workshop where everything seems to end up being stored.
DSC00778.JPG
Better view of my casting station. Old range hood vented outdoors with an inline vent fan to increase airflow. That is a glass window that is hinged from the top.
DSC00779.JPG
I also have bullets and cases stored in drawers and cupboards. Can't get SWMBO to consider giving up her sewing room for more reloading space lol.
DSC00780.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Mac's Bench

Post by daboone »

You call that cluttered? Come on over and I'l give you lessons. :lol:

I've never tried a roller handle. I use one of grandkids baby socks over the ball which make it much smoother to cycle. How do you like the roller handle?
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

daboone wrote:You call that cluttered? Come on over and I'l give you lessons. :lol:

I've never tried a roller handle. I use one of grandkids baby socks over the ball which make it much smoother to cycle. How do you like the roller handle?
The roller handle doesn't give the positive feel the knob does. I also find my arm seems to catch on the handle when I am working around the press. Thanks for the tip on the sock.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:You call that cluttered? Come on over and I'l give you lessons. :lol:
Haah, that was what I was thinking daboone!

Very nice work area. Like like the casting station and would like to do something similar.

Interesting comments about the round ball vs. handle. All mine are round and wondered if that handle really was better?
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Ranch Dog wrote:
daboone wrote:......... Like like the casting station and would like to do something similar.
Wait a minute what happen to the bed/tailgate of your truck? :P

I like casting out doors. I have one of those small HF 2'x2' work bench/platforms. just enough room for the a Lee pot, hot plate (for pre heating the molds), skimming spoon and fluxing saw dust. The castings go on cookie sheet which sits on an upside down 6 gal bucket. Can only cast this time of year due Phoenix heat. Anyway this little casting platform is easy to pick up and move inside when not in use. I use to have a full sized bench for casting but that went away when I downsized; I don't miss it with this set up.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

It's 29 or 109 here so I ain't casting outside. I smelt outside usually on a snow day when I "can't" go to work.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:
daboone wrote:......... Like like the casting station and would like to do something similar.
Wait a minute what happen to the bed/tailgate of your truck? :P
I said "I would like to do something like that" ;)

Not going to happen as I'm not willing to give up any bench space. The good thing about my tailgate table is that the mess is gone in a couple of minutes and everything is put away. I can't say that about any other aspect of my reloading effort since I retired. I will admit that as of today, my room is neat and put away. That won't last very long.

I'm just about done adding my bullet inventory into my reloading software and the reports indicate that all I need are some pistol bullets, not all of them, and bullets for the 25-20 Win, 30 Carbine, 375 Win, and 38-55 Win. Knowing what I need should make it easy this year.
Michael

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”