Federal primers on Lee Load Master

cj8281
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Federal primers on Lee Load Master

Post by cj8281 »

Daboone - Not meaning to rude, could you edit your above post and include the author's user name of the information. A link to the original post or thread would also be awesome.

Ranch Dog, http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/PP2165.pdf and http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/PT1023.pdf both show how many of each of what brand of primers should be used.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

cj8281 wrote:Ranch Dog, http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/PP2165.pdf and http://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/PT1023.pdf both show how many of each of what brand of primers should be used.
Thanks.
Michael
Bagarocks

Post by Bagarocks »

Yes they sent me a new large primer tray.

I ordered an RCBS bench primer and it worked as advertised however the feel of seating the primer was similar to press priming.

I really like the Lee Bench primer better, really seats the primers smooth and effortlessly. I used the small tray to seat 100 - 357's without incident. The drawback is I'm waiting for it to break again. The RCBS uhhhhhhh no it's all metal.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Get an RCBS hand primer then. Almost all metal, positive feel, quick, prime in front of the TV, uses real shell holders.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
nagantino

Post by nagantino »

Federal Primers are not to be had here, Ireland, for love nor money. I've used Federal for a year or so now and never had a problem. When I read the Lee warning I always imagine some legal issue that Lee covers their ass with. If you have a Smith and Wesson with a trigger or spring job you need Federal. I can't get them anywhere so I'm using CCI and Magtech. It's only an issue with my revolver. I fired 50 or so on Saturday with the Magtech and had one soft strike.
Bagarocks

Post by Bagarocks »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Yeah, that's not good. Did Lee make the Bench Prime good?
Yes they did shipped it FOB. I believe the problem with the bench prime was more on the operator than the tool.
Have since primed about seven hundred and fifty both large and small primers. It has worked flawlessly, like anything else, just pay attention and finesse it don't muscle it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Bagarocks wrote:Yes they did shipped it FOB. I believe the problem with the bench prime was more on the operator than the tool.
Have since primed about seven hundred and fifty both large and small primers. It has worked flawlessly, like anything else, just pay attention and finesse it don't muscle it.
Good to hear!
Michael

Return to “On Press Priming”