Trimmer Parts Revisited

Case Length Gauge/Holder, Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer, and Zip Trim. Includes Length Gauge ball & stud.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Trimmer Parts Revisited

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone, link is bad.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

When I first tried the 3 jaw chuck (on the zip trim) I was having the same issues as mentioned and thought it was unable to get a "grip" on the case. After speaking with MR. daBoone about said device I again approached it (at a much later date) with a more open mind and found I just wasn't tightening it correctly. After "discovering" how this thing really operates I find it to be a very handy tool indeed. I use it with my neck turning tool and it holds the cases perfectly. Of course that was after purchasing the "missing" part (lock stud) as previously mentioned.... :oops:
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Regardless of my method it does not do what I wanted or expected it to do. It might do "something" well.

The only way to make it work for my purpose is to have the stud TIG welded to the 3-jay chuck at the proper depth to hold LC5.56X45 brass.

Guess that's what I deserve for thinking I could do for $10 what really costs $100.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

GasGuzzler wrote:Regardless of my method it does not do what I wanted or expected it to do. It might do "something" well.
OK.....I see y'all that like it are using it to hold brass stationary. I want to hold the cutter (or chamfer tool, or XXXX) stationary and spin the brass.....something easily done with the Lee trimmer shell holder and hex shank.

Why? Because I can change between cutter, inside, outside de-burr tools, etc. without handling each case more than once meaning only loosening and tightening the case once. The Lee de-burr tool doesn't spin or even mount in a drill unless you count the rig I engineered (mentioned in the original linked topic).

The only drawback to my original set up is the small diameter of the lock ring on the shell holder. I thought the two new parts mentioned herein would replace the shell holder and hex stud. They will not without heavy modification.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Case Trimming”