Forum to be Supported Through User Donations

Please start here!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Forum to be Supported Through User Donations

Post by Ranch Dog »

The level of activity here has continued to increased and as the bits & bites move back & forth it does involve an expense that must be considered. I have personally funded this forum until now but in that the cost is significant, it is time for the forum to stand on its own. I have considered advertising but I'm against it in principle on a forum that's purpose is product oriented. Several forums that I have enjoyed for years have become marketing tools and they slowly and surely become something less enjoyable.

The simple solution for the continued funding of the forum is through user donations. Considering the number of individuals participating, any consideration on your behalf will help the forum reach its financial goal.

Donations would be appreciated and are made by using the links in the sub header or at the bottom of the page near the "Donation Goal" bar. Donations are made through PayPal but you do not need a PayPal account as through that source both credit & debit card transactions are accepted. There has been a bit of confusion when you use a credit or debit card. As a final step PayPal will ask you if you want to open an account. Ending the transaction by closing the browser at this point does not complete the donation. Just click "No Thanks" if you are not interested and the donation will be made through your card.

Tapatalk users will not see the donation buttons but your support is also needed. You can click here: Lee Loader Donations.

The "Goal" bar will not immediately reflect the impact of your donation as It is updated only after I reconcile my PayPal account which I will do on a daily basis, usually in the morning. Besides this forum, I also own the Rossi Rifleman Forum and both forums are somewhat joined at the hip when it comes to support. One would not survive without the other. With this in mind, the Donation Goal is a reflection of total server budget and the donation received a reflection of the sum of donations from the users of both forums.

I would appreciate your support![hr]It would really help me if donations would include your username in the "Special Instructions: Note to Seller" field.
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 14 Sep 2018 06:30, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: I highlighted the instructions for using a credit card and asked that you please include your username.
Michael
Johnz
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Forum to be Supported Through User Donations

Post by Johnz »

Is this fund drive for an annual budget to keep the forums open or will this be repeated throughout the year?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Johnz wrote:Is this fund drive for an annual budget to keep the forums open or will this be repeated throughout the year?
It is to fulfill the annual budget.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Johnz wrote:Is this fund drive for an annual budget to keep the forums open or will this be repeated throughout the year?
If you have the need, I have some cast bullets I'm donating to raise funds in the classifieds section.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:
It is to fulfill the annual budget.
I should have added that beyond an annual budget the forum is to be user supported in the present. The bills are coming monthly and will now be paid from the PayPal account. Either we make it as a group of users or we don't.

In that we crossed a invoice date, there is a new bar at the bottom of the Board Index page that reflects the status of our financial health as we head toward the following months.
Michael
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

40.8% That donation bar is looking good, but still a ways to go for 100%. Come on folks, let's peg that bar at 100.....
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
tom
Supporter
Supporter

Post by tom »

Just sent 100
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

tom wrote:Just sent 100
Thank you very much!
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Sweet. I have giveaways no one wants.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

GasGuzzler wrote:Sweet. I have giveaways no one wants.
No it's more can't use 'em but your idea is a good one. Try 9mm or 45 and I bet you sell them.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Registration, Rules, and Information”