Image Size Requirements

Please start here!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Image Size Requirements

Post by Ranch Dog »

There is no doubt that images within a post are always appreciated and welcome. The problem is that they consume a sizable space on the server. With the forum move last September, I placed some size requirements on the attachments but last week I had to make another adjustment as the storage of the images has gotten out of sight especially in light that most are using phones as cameras nowadays that are capable of some very high resolution images. Pictures are always welcomed but you probably will need to resize them. The new size limits are 240 Kib. If an attachment is posted that is larger than limit you will see this message:

You will need to resize your picture.

There is also a five picture limit per post.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Image Size Requirements

Post by 62chevy »

Okay I can do that ...
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Image Size Requirements

Post by Ranch Dog »

For the forum to accept your upload, this is nothing to do with linked images; your image must be 240 KiB or less. If you are using a phone to access the web, find an app that will resize by Kib. I don't have an app recommendation as I only upload from my laptop.

The computer software I use and recommend and is IrfanView and I've used it since it began in 1996. The software is free, safe, and without advertising. From the link, download the 32-bit version whether you have a 32 or 64 bit PC. The reason for this is the KiB sizer is not available in the 64-bit version. Next, download the 32-bit plugins. The two download links are one above the other on the IrfanView website. Once you have it installed, the four following images should make the task easy to figure out.

This topic is locked because I want it left as a tutorial. If you have a question about image sizing or posting, open a topic in the Topic Bucket forum.
Michael

Return to “Registration, Rules, and Information”