Save, Email, Fax Topic As PDF

Please start here!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Save, Email, Fax Topic As PDF

Post by Ranch Dog »

Occasionally, I find a topic I would like to save as a file and have finally found a mod that takes care of this need. It also adds the ability to email or fax the topic. Using the latter two options requires a few seconds to register for the service and respond to an activation email. There is no risk to using either of these methods of sharing a topic and it can be quite handy.
save_as_pdf.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Save, Email, Fax Topic As PDF

Post by joec »

I use a program called Nitro Pro 8 which is pretty inexpensive and also allows one to convert a PDF to Word, Excel etc as well as sign and edit existing PDF files.
Joe
Rooster59

Post by Rooster59 »

That's pretty handy. I have been using a print to pdf software but this sounds nice if it is integrated.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rooster59 wrote:That's pretty handy. I have been using a print to pdf software but this sounds nice if it is integrated.
It does a good job. Basically you could use the print control button right next to it and then use a pdf "printer" to do the same thing. If you don't have a printer such as when you are accessing the forum via a mobile device, it is a great way to save the topic to the device.

I have asked code writer to see what he could do to allow select posts within a topic rather than the whole topic. If he can narrow it down to only printing what you want, then it becomes an outstanding tool.
Michael
Neted
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Neted »

Ranch Dog wrote:Occasionally, I find a topic I would like to save as a file and have finally found a mod that takes care of this need. It also adds the ability to email or fax the topic. Using the latter two options requires a few seconds to register for the service and respond to an activation email. There is no risk to using either of these methods of sharing a topic and it can be quite handy.
save_as_pdf.jpg
Ranch Dog I'm new to reloading. This would be invaluable, do you know if I can do this from tapatalk? BTW thanks for this site it has helped me in accumulating the stuff in needed to get started.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Welcome Nested! I wish I had found this forum a few month ago it would of been a huge help. I'll still be asking questions on the .308 Winchester set up with cast boolits(bullets). And have already gotten some great advice on my Turret Press.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Neted wrote:Ranch Dog I'm new to reloading. This would be invaluable, do you know if I can do this from tapatalk? BTW thanks for this site it has helped me in accumulating the stuff in needed to get started.
There would be no way to access it through TT. Just switch to the "Web View" on your device and you can then use this feature. I use a Droid so the steps might be different for your device but while in TT and on the post I push the "menu key", select "More" then select "Web View" and the post will open in the web browser. In that view all the features are available. That's it, just close the browser when you are finished and you are back in TT.
Michael

Return to “Registration, Rules, and Information”