"Thanks" Feature

Please start here!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

"Thanks" Feature

Post by Ranch Dog »

You will notice a feature that allows you to "Thank" an individual's post (small thumbs up symbol). In the posters profile on the right side of a post, is a count of thanks received and sent. Your user control panel has two selections that allow you to choose to receive PMs or emails if a "Thanks" is received.

If the thanks is given in error, you can remove it by clicking on the thumbs down symbol after it has been given.

Post rating is built on a number of thanks for the posts. A 100% rating is the highest number of thanks for post (leader). Rating the remaining posts is defined as a percentage of the ranking leader. For example, post #1 has 10 thanks and is rated 100%. Then post #2 receives 5 thanks so it will have a rating of 50% (10/5). Post #3 with 3 thanks will have a rating of 33.3% (10/3), etc. If the post #1 receives another "Thanks" (10 + 1 = 11), his rating will remain 100% (as leader). Rating post #2 is now 45.5% (11/5), and #3 is 27.3% (11/3). Position ranking is determined by the number of thanks. Topics rating is made up of the sum of the topic's posts thanks. Forum's rating is made up of the sum of the forum's posts thanks.

[hr][/hr]In order to see which posts you receive a "Thanks", you must have the notifications selected on your "User Control Panel".
Thanks Notification.jpg
To get to this page, select:
  • User Control Panel
  • Board Preferences
  • Select either or both PM or email notifications.
  • Save your settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: "Thanks" Feature

Post by 62chevy »

To much math for me but no problem if I see a post I like and can use the info I give it a thumbs up.
Je suis Charlie
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: "Thanks" Feature

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I didn't want to admit it but 62chevy said it for me. I got half way through that and just thought the same thing. I see a post that I really like, it's really informative, or it has a great picture, and I'm in the habit of hitting whatever the "like button" is that's available.

Return to “Registration, Rules, and Information”