H&G #130 .

Lee Bullet Sizing Kits
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

H&G #130 .

Post by RBHarter »

Been getting a chance to cast a little bit . Not with a Lee mould but with an iron behemoth made by Hensley and Gibbs . 8 cavities of 196 gr 45 SWC goodness . I will admit I missed the 3rd handle . It also weighs about 8# before you pour nearly a half lb of lead in it .

The pot goes down in a hurry but on 3 loads in 3 sets I have about about 550 keepers . The first batch I had forgotten how to pour or something I guess . I threw about half of it back in the pot . The second run was better I got about 75% of that pour in the keepers but it was still with a lot of tolerance . The 3rd run was gold and in hindsight I should probably dump the first 200 back in the pot but I didn't and I'm not gonna . I have about 530 lubed and ready to load . Unfortunately that's not even close to enough to fill up the 15-1600 45 ACP and AR cases .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: H&G #130 .

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is a nice-looking bullet! I just had surgery on my right rotator cuff; the picture and description of casting them make it hurt!
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: H&G #130 .

Post by RBHarter »

I made 80 pours today in a Lyman 454424 HP single . Ended up with 78 keepers . Much lighter mould to work with , took forever to get it down 3# .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Bullet Sizing”