Greetings from GA

Tell us a bit about yourself!
wgillesp.2020
My Press Choice: Turret

Greetings from GA

Post by wgillesp.2020 »

Hi folks,
Thanks for letting me join and learn more about fixes, new ideas on reloading using Lee equipment, and things that I have not thought of.

Long time Lee Precision product user with multiple Lee presses, dies, manuals, etc. Started with the hand press and a Lee Challenger single stage over a decade ago to start loading .38 Special.

Had some medical and home remodeling issues that have kept me from much reloading during the past several years but eager to get back to it.

Newest additions this past two months are a Lee App Press to speed up brass processing and the Lee Autobench Prime and I am starting to wet tumble or ultrasonic clean all of my brass according.

Have to say, the Lee bench block systems is very tempting to add presses and it is rock solid which is very useful to me as I have limited space for reloading.

Look forward to this old dog learning new tricks.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Greetings from GA

Post by RBHarter »

Welcome !

I'm more into the casting end of the line .
Honestly had it not been for Lee I wouldn't be casting bullets .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum! I have a bunch of bench plates, some just to store the press on until I move it to my working bench.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Welcome

I just converted all my stuff to work with bench plates.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
wgillesp.2020

Post by wgillesp.2020 »

Thanks for the welcome RBHarter, Ranch Dog, and GasGuzzler.

The newer metal bench block system versus the original wood bases helped me decide to acquire some new presses simply because my dedicated reloading area is very compact. Mine has been rock solid with the 3 Lee Bench presses that I have (Challenger, APP, and Classic Turret).

I also prefer using a single stage press like the Challenger or Classic Cast for some actions like resizing rifle brass rather than stress worrying about slop in my Classic Turret. So now I get the best out of both worlds and might just get a Pro 4000 once I get my sea legs back on reloading bit by bit this next year.

RBHarter,
I might be asking you some tips on casting rifle bullets in the future. I understand the basics but it is one thing to read about something and quite another to actually do it.

I shoot old military surplus bolt actions and prefer the lower pressures of cast bullets when shooting things like Krags, 1888 Commission Rifles, Enfields, Lebels, etc. I just plink with them at 50-100 yards so I do not need hot loaded hunting rounds etc.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Fit , fit , fit .
Heavy for cartridge as twist allows and the slower powders for jacketed data . They say 5744 is the best all around answer .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Member Introductions”