New from NEPA

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Joepolo
My Press Choice: Turret

New from NEPA

Post by Joepolo »

Hello everyone just getting started. I got my Lee classic turret press the other day. I'll mostly be loading hand gun, 380, 9mm, and 40s&w. I got the auto drum measure with the kit, hope it works as good as people say. So far the setup seems easy. Here's my bench set up, new getting it together. Well pictures will have to wait can't seem to get it.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: New from NEPA

Post by daboone »

Welcome to LEE LOADER. The LCT is a great press. Did you setup come with a manual? I love my Lee Auto Drum for the powders I use.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Joepolo

Post by Joepolo »

. Yes it came with all the goodies. I am having a little leakage around the drum area, I'm sure I'll figure it out, I only did 9mm and not a lot. Like I said I'm just beginning so I'm taking my time. The press seems to be operating perfect, it's making it easy to understand all the different stages of the operation.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Run, run away as fast as you can....... ;) :)

Welcome to the forum and the inexplicable obsession of reloading . We will help you save money $50 at a time .

Easing into it and doing batches is the way to go . Size and decap 100 , flair and prime those , powder and visually check those and seat bullets . Each in turn .

Most importantly enjoy the process .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum!
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

Welcome aboard from the State of Jefferson. I am also a big fan of the turret press and auto drum. Take your time and most everything will come easily. I also have a single stage press for decapping and sizing.

+guns
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
Joepolo

Post by Joepolo »

Thanks everybody for the welcome. Got a hold of Lee about the drum leaking. They had me tighten it with a shell in and the ram up, had to tighten the heck out of it but it worked, they said the Winchester 231 was a fine powder. I did about 60 to 70 throws and no powder I was happy. Loaded 25 9mm now just have to find a place to shoot them see how they are. But at least I'm on my way and feel pretter good about ot.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Herzlich Willkommen from Germany, too!

The Classic Turret is a great press to start, and stays a valuable tool during your reloading career. Great choise!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
jloader

Post by jloader »

RBHarter wrote: Easing into it and doing batches is the way to go . Size and decap 100 , flair and prime those , powder and visually check those and seat bullets . Each in turn .
Welcome to your new hobby... You'll find a lot of great advise from non-intimidating (mostly :lol: ) bunch on this forum - speaking from experience.
I'm fairly new to this as well, started back in April. RBHarter is soooo true in his statement of doing things in stages at first. One-two processes at a time.
I've started running the whole setup and had so much hard time figuring what's going on if something was stopping the ram from moving...
I think running things one stage at a time should be a pre requisite for us the new(er) loaders.

Return to “Member Introductions”