New from south of the border

Tell us a bit about yourself!
stanley2
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: New from south of the border

Post by stanley2 »

Well there is always some one going out of the hobby willing to sell components.

And I am a hoarder :)

Great Year to all

Ranch Dog wrote:
stanley2 wrote:Thanks for the welcoming,

At this moment it is a pain to reload, components are scarce, you want bullets you have to cast them.

In the 90s and 2000s you could find any components in specialized sporting stores, most of them have closed.

I had a green press that was used for rifle 30-06 and 308 sold all when couldn't find components.
That's too bad. So what do you do when you need powder or primers? Do you need any licenses or permits to reload? Even Though I live fairly close, I know nothing about gun ownership in Mexico other than I don't want to get caught with one.

The bench, if sturdy, looks like it will work.
stanley2
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by stanley2 »

This is the new bench, well new as of December 2015, but I was not brave enough to drill the top so the presses are on a separate bench.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jloader
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by jloader »

I could hear an echo in that room :)

I would not be brave to drill that countertop either - you've got a 3/4 inch countertop - that may not work well with a press bolted directly to it. Just a suggestion: glue up 2 3/4 inch pieces of plywood with the press attached to it and then c-clamp that to the countertop with 2 clamps. Maybe 3rd towards the back of the wall (may need to make an opening for the back clamp thou). The 3 mounting holes in your turret may be too close for the 3/4 top to withstand the torque of the arm.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome and yes that looks purty but maybe not sturdy enough for press leverage I could be wrong. Looks like a nice setup for biulding up a good station. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Harstad
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Harstad »

stanley2 wrote:

Welcome and yes that looks purty but maybe not sturdy enough for press leverage I could be wrong. Looks like a nice setup for biulding up a good station.
Nice setup Stan.

Return to “Member Introductions”