Easy Lead Remover

Using your home cast bullets as a ammunition component. Group buys are listed here.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Easy Lead Remover

Post by Fyodor »

Sounds like a good brew. In most parts of America you'll always get what we in Germany like to call "Bodensee-Kaffee". Unfortunately this pun only works in German... Lake Constance is called "Bodensee" in German, which is pronounced exactly like "Boden seh'", which roughly translates to "I see the bottom". :D
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

My house is full of gadgets.

For coffee we have an internal vessel Bunn, a Keurig, and a cappuccino/espresso machine.

I bet I have more small appliances than most anyone here.

LOL

Back to lead...
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Some one once told me that a tight patch and turpentine would get lead out of a bore like nothing else including as he put it "those newfangled lead remover solutions".

I've used it on the '92, the Sharpes, 8mm Mauser and my commie carbine and it works usually on the first pass. I find it works better with muslin patches I think because they have more "tooth" than the flannel ones. It literally pushes sticks of lead out. Not so much any more as I've taken the effort to reduce leading. Even so the old military bore are still a bit rough.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “Cast Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”