List your favorite bullet molds and what you use them for

Using your home cast bullets as a ammunition component. Group buys are listed here.
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

List your favorite bullet molds and what you use them for

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I know one of mine has to be my Mihec (sorry RD) 359640.

That was a posed shot to show off the 5 Star reloaders but I used those bullets in the ammo. I used to love a 158gr SWHP until it dawned on me one day that they sure can be a pain to load. If only someone made a good round nose hollow point... And Mihec did and I bought one!!! This is a bullet (like most) that can shoot better than I can hold the gun and when I finally both have the money and find a Rossi M92 in .357 this will be the bullet hosed through that rifle. I've not hunted with them but I have no doubt close in they would get the job done.

So what are you favorite bullet molds? List more than one. I will list a couple later once I find pics of what they produce. You get an internet cookie if you post pics...!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: List your favorite bullet molds and what you use them fo

Post by Ranch Dog »

Haah, but I guess anyone could figure out my choice. Of those, my TLC411-265-RF for the 41 Mag. Outstanding killer of hogs.

Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I thought for sure this thread would stir up more interest. Where is everyone???
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It's just been slow Bob. The forum started at a slow time of the year but they will come! I guess I could work on my list, it is rather long though in that I'm shooting 24 cartridges!
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I wish I had bought more of your molds. So many things to buy and never enough money. I am glad that NOE is picking up some of them but I was hoping to score a few cheaper Lee six bangers if they ever catch up with demand. I would rather have your 9mm TL mold than theirs... :|

I do at least like their H&G 68 clone. That thing pumps out some great shooting boolits.
Rooster59

Post by Rooster59 »

So far I only own one mold. The Lee 457-340 for my 45-70 Marlin 1895CB. My casting enabler buddy poured some for me and sized them at .459". Took them to the range last Friday loaded over 12gr of Unique. They were the most accurate bullet I've used in that rifle.

My buddy has the Lee C452-300 that is getting tested in my Puma 45LC trapper. It could be a tie for my favorite.8-)
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Centaur 1

Post by Centaur 1 »

My favorite and most used mold is the Ranch Dog TL-358-100-RF. This mold will cast a lot of great looking bullets in a short amount of time. I load them for my LCP and my daughters bodyguard .380, it's accurate and it feeds flawlessly. It's also very economical at 70 bullets to the pound. It was saving me so much lead that I started using them in my .38, .357 mag and 9mm handguns. I have even pushed them to just under 1350 fps in my 9mm Glock, and guess what, it didn't lead the factory barrel. Another mold that gets a workout at my house is the Lee 452-230-tc 6 cavity. Even though it has a standard lube groove, I tumble lube it with straight Johnson Paste Wax. This is another bullet that just works great and it's very accurate.
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

Ranch Dog wrote:TLC411-265-RF for the 41 Mag. Outstanding killer of hogs.
I've always wondered if anyone has shot this from a Ruger Blackhawk. Just seems extremely heavy for caliber out of a handgun. I also wonder if the sectional density of it is what makes it do so well for you in your Marlin. Either way I'll try it it when my stock of store bought 215swc runs out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

357cyrus wrote:I've always wondered if anyone has shot this from a Ruger Blackhawk.
I shoot it out of my Taurus 415, sized at .410".
415.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Zippidydoodah
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by Zippidydoodah »

120 grain round nose lee 309-120 rb in plinkin' loads everything 30 cal from 30 herret, 30-30, 300 sav,30-06. 30 cal round ball same reasoning 309-170 rf same same

Return to “Cast Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”