SCORE !!!

Using your home cast bullets as a ammunition component. Group buys are listed here.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

SCORE !!!

Post by 62chevy »

It's not the life time score we all want but should last for a years worth of casting. Yup scored 3 bars of FREE lead that measures 1.75x4x12 and 2 round ingots 4.5x2. The bars have 2 half inch holes each the 2 round ones have one and you can see the washer marks and thread marks in the lead. I'm thinking it's cast from wheel weights as they will scratch with a thumb nail but just the surface. A knife or pliers will put a good dent in them. And they look home made so could be anything.

So how did I get them well from word of mouth. I told both my son in laws to be on the look out for lead. It just happened at there work one of their co-works had to move to a bigger house, well stuff got left behind by the previous owner. Getting better acquainted with his new garage he found this lead, he's on my wifes Facebook so he asked if I wanted it, you know I did lol. He called I followed him to his new home and collected the lead. Lucky for me my 19 year old grandson came by so had him take it out of my Jeep, hmmm that lead wasn't free, had to pay him 5 bucks to move it, he needed 2 trips and a rest to get it done. To be young again.

+guns +guns +guns
Je suis Charlie
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: SCORE !!!

Post by 357cyrus »

Word of mouth is a powerful search tool for lead for me as well.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: SCORE !!!

Post by 62chevy »

357cyrus wrote:Word of mouth is a powerful search tool for lead for me as well.

Yes but you never knw when it will show up and how much.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Cast Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”