Hi-Point C9 9mm question

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Hi-Point C9 9mm question

Post by 62chevy »

I use lead bullets in my 45 acp Hi-Point. Hi-Point has what I call fat barrels or over sized for what they should be. My HP measured .4535 in the groves meaning it needed a .4545 or .4555 bullet. Needless to say that was next to imposable to get so the gun always leaded some. The solutions was powder coating and as cast with no sizing and powder coating shot fine and sized bullets to .452 shot fine with zero leading. Inspect your barrel and then slug it to see what size you are dealing with.

check this site out for all things Hi-Point; http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/
Je suis Charlie
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Hi-Point C9 9mm question

Post by mikld »

Steve wrote:
mikld wrote:Off hand, I can't think of a reason not to load lead bullets in your Hi-Point. [hr](Unless the rifling is polygonal, and straight blow-back has anything to do with lead bullets). I shoot a lot of lead bullets in my 3, 9mms (one Ruger, 1 FMK, and one Norinco Tokerev) mostly my cast Lee 125 gr. RNFP. I'd suggest a copy of Lyman's Cast Bullet Handbook, and checking out info. here; http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forum.php
I know of one pistol (a Glock) that blowed the slide in half with about 200 rounds of ((soft lead)) bullets though it in a contest. Sent the guy to the hospital. My source for info is a retired military instructor.
Go to castboolits.com and search for "lead in Glocks". There are many shooters that use cast lead bullets in Glocks, even with the poly rifling. There are about 1,75 tons of old wive's tales about Glocks; reloading and shooting, especially cast bullets...

Return to “Handgun Reloading”