Prvi Partisan Brass Sale at Grafs

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Prvi Partisan Brass Sale at Grafs

Post by Ranch Dog »

Wandered across a good sale on Prvi Partizan brass at Grafs, bought a lot of pistol brass for 50% off! Didn't want to, but I ended up deflating their inventory a bit. To use my wife's analogy, I spent $400 but saved $400, so it didn't cost me a thing!

Prvi Partizan has become my favorite as I like it's quality, annealed brass with the most consistent primer pocket I've worked with. Starline is on my list next, displaced from first choice simply because of cost.
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Prvi Partisan Brass Sale at Grafs

Post by klr »

Ranch Dog wrote:

I spent $400 but saved $400, so it didn't cost me a thing!
I'm remembering that one. :lol:
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

For what cartridge did you buy? Some of the prices aren't much different than normal. I was intrigued by 50% off.

I gotta buy some bullets from them if my barrel ever shows up.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:For what cartridge did you buy? Some of the prices aren't much different than normal. I was intrigued by 50% off.

I gotta buy some bullets from them if my barrel ever shows up.
The pistol and revolver cartridges that weren't already sold out; 32 Auto, 380 Auto, 38 Spl, 45 Auto, and 9mm Luger. They were all 50% off, about 8¢ to 11¢ a case. I bought some more 7.62x39, but it was only 14% off.
Michael
Charley
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Charley »

I've got enough 9mm, 380, 38 Special and 45 ACP to last me through a couple of lifetimes, I suspect! Sure don't need any more. At least for now!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Charley wrote:I've got enough 9mm, 380, 38 Special and 45 ACP to last me through a couple of lifetimes, I suspect! Sure don't need any more. At least for now!
The one thing that I've learned Charley is that you can never go wrong when you can buy new brass when it is at a price like what it is being offered on this sale. I have all I need too, but this will stay in the sealed bags just in case I don't. If kept sealed, it will sell for more money than I paid.

I learned that lesson this past year. A decade prior, I bought a bunch of 375 Win brass on clearance at a store in San Antonio that was closing. I bought every bag they had (14), cheap. Ended up preferring 38-55 Win for my cast bullet use in those rifles and never opened a bag. I decided I wanted more guns and maybe that brass would generate the money. I sold all fourteen bags at $125/bag over what I paid for them. Yeap, $125 profit on each of the 14 bags. Sold it all in a few hours. I know this is not common brass now, but it was when I bought it and no one wanted it.

I have all kinds of brass that I don't need but I'm not in a hurry to move it as it only will increase in value. I would like to hunt desert mule deer in Mexico before I take the dirt nap, I will probably fund the hunt with guns I haven't been shooting and brass that I bought at discount prices.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I buy in calibers I don't own when prices are low. Sometimes I return the favor as with some .32WFC brass I sold recently for cheap. Sometimes I ask what it's worth. I turned a lot of Starline .357 in 2013 because people were panick buying. I sent my last extra NM Blackhawk trigger spring for free the other day because someone needed it and I know where to get more yet I made $250 on the AR I built and sold in a down market. I just contracted a deal for an S&W M&P 5.56 plus a Henry .22LR standard for the price of the Smith to use as a fundraisers for the local little league. LGS says ARs are still by far the most common buys. I keep building.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Charley
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by Charley »

Most of the larger quantities of brass I have I've picked up at estate sales, Craigslist and the like, mostly as part of larger purchases for reloading equipment.

Return to “Handgun Reloading”