What Handgun Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: What Handgun Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by Macd »

Very interesting RD. I settled on the Lee 356-124 . I size it to 356 as even at .357 it bulges the cases and they won't fully chamber. A bullet like your design would likely prevent that issue. I dn't have any leading problems but neither is accuracy equal to jacketed or plated bullets. Most of the people in my IPSC chapter shoot the 147's to add energy for knocking over the steel poppers. I haven't found it necessary as I shoot close to the tops.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Macd wrote:Most of the people in my IPSC chapter shoot the 147's to add energy for knocking over the steel poppers. I haven't found it necessary as I shoot close to the tops.
Yeah, got to shoot close to the tops. My training uses bad guy steel with a defined shot such as the heart and you cannot tell which way it flips. A hit outside the flipper is as good as a miss. I bought a similar target for my range.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

I loaded about 5000 rounds of 380,9,38,357, 40 and assorted 45s .......on the truck for the big move .........
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

RBHarter wrote:I loaded about 5000 rounds of 380,9,38,357, 40 and assorted 45s .......on the truck for the big move .........
Isn't that what you did for a living? Moving ammunition around?
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I moved all my stock from one place in the house to another so I could rearrange. I still don't like it so I'll probably do it all again soon.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very short run of 9mm Luger cartridges, 250 count, with my Load-Master. Running like a sewing machine. Reason for the short count is I'm loading my TLC357-135-RF which were tumble lubed. Must clean the lube off the nose so they don't foul the dies. That was half of them, so will need to clean the rest. With the Load-Master, I've gone to my Lyman 4500 for lubing. I tumble the lead bullets in mica, just a dusting, and they move through the L-M's Bullet Feeder without issue.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Ranch Dog wrote:
RBHarter wrote:I loaded about 5000 rounds of 380,9,38,357, 40 and assorted 45s .......on the truck for the big move .........
Isn't that what you did for a living? Moving ammunition around?
Used to ......
Then I would load possibly millions of rounds at a time . ......480×4 cans/box × 36 boxes/pallet ×11 pallets ........oops it's only 760,???

A few years ago I set a goal to have 500 rounds on hand for every cartridge as possible and 1000 if factory was cheap ........

I've made it with the first run and the task isn't daunting anymore I'm actually looking forward to the cement and the trusses .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

I've been working on projects to make life easier and safer.

1- My new invention,the carousel multiple PM stand, got some more testing today. I really LIKE it a lot. I'd like to see your comments about this one as I want some kudos! :oops: ;) :roll:

2- Some time ago I made plexiglass cover for my scale. Today I modified it to have a hinged front door for access while doing weight checks but still protecting it from the the AC and ceiling fan. (it's 107 here today)

3- I also ditched the scale pan on this 505 for one of those plastic RCBS pans with the funnel on one side. Getting the scale pan to balance was time consuming but it's done. No more powder escaping during transferring it into the case. :t

Finally I got the progressive set up for a plinking batch of 7.62x39 than will be done tomorrow.

Now it's time for a bourbon and a pizza!
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I can't rake pizza right now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

I've had bourbon and branch, bourbon and soda and bourbon and lime water but never mixed it with pizza before. What is the ratio? Are there preferred toppings? :-P

Return to “Handgun Reloading”