What Handgun Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your handgun.
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: What Handgun Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by Poppop »

Yesterday: 25 rd 9mm 115gr CMJ with B/E 4.0 gr. This added to my approx 600 rd 9mm sitting in the cabinet waiting for the weather to get warmer and dryer. Lets see what the rodent does on Thursday.+guns +guns
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

larryw wrote:Sorry about that Aguila brass Gus, I have never used any, got in a trade ???

No "sorry" necessary Larry, I appreciated the brass. Besides, it is only once in a while to have one with that tight of a pocket, and they clean up easily (if you can hang on to it :lol: )

Hope you and Lisa are well. We're going through the "winter from HE!!" up here this year. 4 feet of snow so far, still over a foot on the ground (I don't think it's melting, think it's "settling" :? ) and it's snowing this morning... :D Put over 40 hrs on my new tractor just plowin' the drive and out to the barn so I can feed, course the driveways almost a mile long. Lots of ice too, chains on all four tires on the tractor. Not complainin', still see myself looking back from the mirror each morning.. :lol:
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Put together some test rounds for the 380 with my cast bullet (Lee mold) and CFE Pistol. Hope to get to the range later this week.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Not much going on today so thought I would spend some time in my reloading room. Not for reloading but figured I better doing a bit of "house cleaning"..........DANGER!! DANGER!! :o ......do not start this!! OMG there is no end to it!! Cleaning about just doesn't seem to be enough. Oh no, once you start moving stuff around to clean, you then decide to change where "stuff" was to another location to better "organize" your processes... :? (took almost an hour to just "organize" my gun cleaning box(s)) :cry: I see no end in sight.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

A lot of pistol handgun stuff going on!

O3W, you using that newer TL356-95-RF?

Organizing, I'm going to be serious about it this year. I've been working it hard all year, and honestly, I have a long ways to go. My wife has never complained about what I buy or have, but she has always asked that I have an "exit strategy" so she doesn't get stuck with it. The firearms are the easiest part but my FFL is a bit older than I so I might need a younger fellow down the road but the reloading and casting stuff is a tougher nut to crack. My answer is to stop being a hoarder and just get rid of what I haven't used in say, two years. I have spares of everything; it is a bit over the top. eBay is to become my best friend this year!
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Organization and "house cleaning" gets you stuck in an endless loop. :twisted: Unfortunately it is necessary and ongoing. Never had a reloading room that didn't undergo a Darwinian evolution in less than 2 years. I know LarryW will agree with me on this issue. We have traded stuff back and forth so many time we don't know what belongs to whom. :oops: I've given spares to a couple of new reloaders. I've helped them build reloading benches too giving them advice on it's setup. That advice go out the window just as soon as they figure a "better way" to organize. Once you get it "perfect" just adding one new piece of equipment starts this endless process figuring out how to work it into an easy to use work flow. Adding a shelf, pegboard or bin is alway necessary if not another bench. :shock: Or one day you start to clean up and another "better way" of organization starts the process ALL OVER again. Heck even adding another reloading manual require a larger bookshelf. I don't think I will ever get a handle on a proper component storage system. Adding a new caliber gun and, well it is a nightmare all over again. :oops: If you start doing gunsmithing or building a flintlock kit the probability of ever getting a everything organized let alone cleaned up.....
God help the man who reloads. +guns
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Ranch Dog wrote:A lot of pistol handgun stuff going on!

O3W, you using that newer TL356-95-RF?
Yes, that's the one, drops at 100 grn +/- with my alloy and a hot mold. Also about 3575. Maybe I'll make it to the range yet this week.

OOPS, that was the one I went looking for but my Lee dealer as out so I got the 356-102-1R instead.

Make smoke,
Last edited by Ohio3Wheels on 03 Feb 2017 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I was in the early planning stages of adding a steel top to my larger bench until y'all reminded me of reality.

That reminds me I owe natural light (not Natural Light) pics of my now matching SRC357 and NMBH357.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

45 Auto for my Taurus 745 Millennium Pro with my TL457-235-RF and 6.1-grains of Unique. Durn sure would be hate to be on the receiving end of this!

I love my Load-Masters! Walked up to it and dumped bullets, cases, and powder in it, the primers where in the tray and started pulling the lever. Having the cases all prepped and ready to go is a great thing and wish I would have been doing it in years past. With the cases prepped before you can walk up and load at least 600 rounds an hour or 10 rounds a minute. I had about 15 to 20 minutes to spare but wanted to do something other than clean my room. Knocked 100 rounds out in 10 minutes; didn't touch anything but the lever.

Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

If Unique actually works in .45ACP then maybe I'll use mine up before the can gets to be as old as yours.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Handgun Reloading”