What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by Ranch Dog »

RBHarter wrote:...and see my oldest boy off in July . Go Army ......
Yeah, go Army... '72~'75. That was a long time ago now...
Michael
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

hopefully by September I should have my balance back .... at least to my recent normal 75%. Right now, if I look up and move my head and body somewhat rapidly, it's almost "fall down time". Not too good for bird hunting. Since there's 5 more months to recover, and the other guys are ready to go, it looks prospective. Now just gotta figure out if the trip is fundable considering the circumstances. Life is still good regardless.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

He signed up after the youngest boy did his 5 yr in the Army and the oldest girl did her 6 in the USN . The youngest boy did 2 tours in Iraqastan and has issues with fire whistles .....
The oldest is shipping out so it'll be a birthday week kegger in San Angeles maybe the bachelor party too ......
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mr surveyor wrote:hopefully by September I should have my balance back .... at least to my recent normal 75%. Right now, if I look up and move my head and body somewhat rapidly, it's almost "fall down time". Not too good for bird hunting. Since there's 5 more months to recover, and the other guys are ready to go, it looks prospective. Now just gotta figure out if the trip is fundable considering the circumstances. Life is still good regardless.
Hopefully, you will continue to improve, and the finances come together. Live is good; you are right about that!
RBHarter wrote:He signed up after the youngest boy did his 5 yr in the Army and the oldest girl did her 6 in the USN . The youngest boy did 2 tours in Iraqastan and has issues with fire whistles .....
The oldest is shipping out so it'll be a birthday week kegger in San Angeles maybe the bachelor party too ......
I sure wish him the best.[hr][hr]It was time to revisited the load on my Savage 340 yesterday as it was its turn to setup the turret for the Safety Prime and Auto Disk. Was shooting a medium load of W748 and wanted to move it up to near a max load with my TLC311-170-RF bullet. The Sav has a tight bore/groove and chamber so I must size the bullet to .310" and trim the brass to 2.000" to get the crimp groove to work out. This old economy model hunter will shoot with any three of my modern Savage Scouts; it is very accurate.
TLC311170RF.jpg
Sav340_TLC311170RF_W748_Load_10.jpg
The load is generating 2215 FPS with the 170-grain bullet. I could probably bump up another grain for 2300 FPS but it is more than adequate for my whitetail and hog hunting.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
bayou
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by bayou »

Went to the range yesterday and put about 35 30-06's downrange from the Remington 700. Using Hornady 168 grain boat tail hollow point national match projectiles, # 3050, pushed by IMR 4064. Not sure if these projectiles are still in production, but I doubt it. I used up the last of my stock in any case.

Did pretty decent with most groupings in about an inch or so.

Came home and reloaded them with 168 grain Nosler CC's.

Bayou
bayou
NRA Life Member
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Built my first five .30-30s yesterday as documented elsewhere.

I used the Lee universal decap die to de-prime the remainder of the one use cases in .30-30 and .223 Remington so I could old school tumble them. They're all clean and riding in an open top coffee can in the bed of my truck to blow the dust out. It's the 3rd time I've done this free trick. Works well.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Okie44
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Okie44 »

I loaded a few more 35 Whelen for the Encore.
53 gr Hogdon LVR
Rem 9 1/2
Hornady brass
NOE 360-230 @ .3595
MML+ lube
Hornady Gas check
“Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement.”
― Mark Twain
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nice looking ammo Okie!

First time at bat with my Winchester M94 Timber Scout 30-30. Used 30-grains of H322 with my C311-170-RF sized .310".
M94TS_C311170RF_Load_03.jpg
This Winchester M94 delivered the most impressive shot performance I've ever experienced with any rifle. The first three shots at 100 yards produced a ragged hole. It slowly opened up as my load was a bit warm for the 15 BHN bullet and I was starting to see a little bit of leading. Four shots are inside 1/2"! Will provide some images in the morning.

Going to drop the load a half of grain to 29.5, to see if it will get the pressure down to the point were the alloy can survive. This is a very impressive carbine!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

I've been busy the last week or so .
IMG_20170529_081302784.jpg
In no particular order
264 WM 140 Power Point and 260-120 paper patched.
45-70-405 and 45-70 350 paper patched
6.8 SPC 279-124 FP
7X6.8 7MM-168 SP
45 Raptor
45 ACP
45 Schofield both with 454424 SWC
45 AR 45-200 SWC

All but the 45 AR have a rifle home .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Nice, you don't see many rocking paper patches anymore. Pretty cool +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “Rifle Reloading”