What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by orerancher »

5574? Not familiar with that Powder... I shoot a lot of 5744...Really like It
GasGuzzler wrote:My new two hole Lee .312" mold came in today as well as 300BLK dies so I might cast a handful and load some 7.62X39 and 300BLK if I get time to test the mold.

300BLK will be LAM2 sized to .310 with GC over A5574 which is an odd choice but I have no other use for this powder. The A5574 is the only Accurate powder I own and I got it in a trade bundle.

7.62X39 will be as cast pending mold performance with GC over (I forgot).....4198 or 4895 or 4227 I can't remember what I have. I need some A1680.
snaginn
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by snaginn »

Had a fine day out yesterday afternoon. Now playing with QuickLoad I realized that with the Moeller Flitzer bullet the .308 - even from a 20" barrel - is the practical ballistic equivalent of the classic .270/130 grs. load.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

snaginn wrote:Had a fine day out yesterday afternoon. Now playing with QuickLoad I realized that with the Moeller Flitzer bullet the .308 - even from a 20" barrel - is the practical ballistic equivalent of the classic .270/130 grs. load.
The bullet looks expensive. What do they cost?
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Lutz Möller is a very controversial guy, who is the only one who knows anything about shooting, bullets and reloading. At least that's what he seems to think. According to him, everything except turned brass is not a bullet, but scrap. Coincidentally he makes the best turned brass bullets in the world. Interestingly, a few years back, brass was evil, but copper was the material to use. Coincidentally, he had the best turned copper bullets in the world...

Just to put that into perspective... this is how he packs 100 bullets:
MJG-Schachtel-offen.jpg
The prices are incredible. The person... controversial at least, and if his bullets are really that superior to everything else is up to discussion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fyodor wrote:Lutz Möller is a very controversial guy, who is the only one who knows anything about shooting, bullets and reloading. At least that's what he seems to think. According to him, everything except turned brass is not a bullet, but scrap. Coincidentally he makes the best turned brass bullets in the world. Interestingly, a few years back, brass was evil, but copper was the material to use. Coincidentally, he had the best turned copper bullets in the world...

Just to put that into perspective... this is how he packs 100 bullets:
MJG-Schachtel-offen.jpg
The prices are incredible. The person... controversial at least, and if his bullets are really that superior to everything else is up to discussion.
So in short, another blowhard selling his wares...
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

+1
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Didn't actually get any reloading done but set up three turrets for the Load-Master; 218 Bee, 25-20 Win, & 32-20 Win plus a common case feeder. I had a post about the Auto Drum & Rifle Charging Die being a bit tough on the 218 Bee cases, and I'm using another set of brass inserts with the 25-20 Win for the same reason. No problem with the 32-20 as it uses a powder through expander die.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

During a lull at work today and before I left early I trimmed another 150 or so LC556 cases with the new shell holder and length gauge set as well as the new printed plastic clamp doohicky I posted pic of and link to earlier. ZERO slipped cases......but the cutter is dulling as its only been used on LC556 to this point so it's cutting at the same part all the time. I will retire it to larger cases and order a replacement for LC556.

It's been two years but I'm making headway. There's 1200-1400 cases and so far they've been initially inspected for rejects (lots humpf), lubed and sized, pocket swaged, and now trimmed. I think there is only about 500 or 700 left to trim but I found more that haven't been sized or swaged. Ugh
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That's quite a job! I ordered the Lee Case Trimmer Finger Saver that you mentioned, should be here in a day or two yet. Seems like a good idea!
Michael

Return to “Rifle Reloading”