What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: What Rifle Reloading Did You Do Today?

Post by GasGuzzler »

Culled, lubed, sized, decapped, sorted, tumbled, resorted 1000+ 5.56 pick ups and was left with 837 good ones.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Culled, lubed, sized, decapped, sorted, tumbled, resorted 1000+ 5.56 pick ups and was left with 837 good ones.
I bet that kept you busy for a bit.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Ranch Dog wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Culled, lubed, sized, decapped, sorted, tumbled, resorted 1000+ 5.56 pick ups and was left with 837 good ones.
I bet that kept you busy for a bit.
No doubt but if he is like me and just watch them pile up. Well we all know how that goes. :lol:
Je suis Charlie
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Yuck, next is the worst part TRIMMING.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

GasGuzzler wrote:Yuck, next is the worst part TRIMMING.
So far I've only had to trim each rifle case once. :ugeek:
Je suis Charlie
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I've been grinding through about 300 6.8 , the last 100 were playing hide and seek ..... I did find the them . 1x factory ,I guess I had already trimmed, chamfered and cleaned , but not sized . I must have had the trimmer set up and trimmed all the FC on hand .....
Anyway , I sized and swagged primers this morning in the last 85 . I'll flair prime and load after I get the last 50-60 , 278-124 FP checked . They drop at .279 and I use a true .280 sizer to lock the checks on . The RCBS charger sure makes regular drops ,shame it takes 15-25 drops after a set up to get it dialed in and settled down. After that though 23.3 drops between 23.2 and 23.35 by the old Ohause M5.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

This past week, Marlin 1894CL 218 Bee with my TLC225-50-RF and Trail Boss. The cool nights are bringing a lot of the diggers and egg eaters out. Been busy with raccoons, amadillos, & opossums.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Yesterday I finish 180 (20 en bloc) 30/06 rounds for my M1 Garand. That is just about a monthly chore, all be it a relaxing "chore".

I do reload 303B for No 5 Mk 1. Now days I just shoot reduced loads and my shoulder appreciate it. That Jungle Carbine is just about the perfect Scout Rifle. It's certainly not the most accurate rifle but for the pig hunting I've done with it works very VERY well!
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

daboone wrote:Yesterday I finish 180 (20 en bloc) 30/06 rounds for my M1 Garand. That is just about a monthly chore, all be it a relaxing "chore".

I do reload 303B for No 5 Mk 1. Now days I just shoot reduced loads and my shoulder appreciate it. That Jungle Carbine is just about the perfect Scout Rifle. It's certainly not the most accurate rifle but for the pig hunting I've done with it works very VERY well!
30-06 sounds like fun, both to shoot and reload. Thanks for tripping my trigger Daniel, I'm taking the 30-06 bolt gun to the range next week. Got to waste some 45 colt while I'm there though.
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 357cyrus »

Loaded up my 2nd volley of 444 Marlin with a cast 310gr Lee RF GC, and enough H322 to push it out at 2100FPS. About 2 grains under max, but I doubt it will matter much to whatever gets poked with one of those! If it groups well this 2nd time it'll be my go to deer load for the straight wall restrictions we have here in Ohio.

Also loaded a few rounds each of 8.5 and 9.0 grains Trail Boss with the same bullet minus the gas checks. 10 grains gave me a velocity of 1055fps. I'd like it to leave the muzzle right at 1000fps. It's hard not to grin when you shoot those things. +guns
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***

Return to “Rifle Reloading”