Questions for Ranch Dog

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Questions for Ranch Dog

Post by horseman »

Perhaps you've answered these questions elsewhere, but anyway, I was just reading the topic on your work with your Rossi 357 mag rifle with the Lee 190gr "hog killer". I didn't want to wander that thread so thought I would ask the questions in a new post. My questions have to do with the rail mounted scout scope. Is this a "special" model of Rossi or did you have the rifle drilled and tapped for the mount itself? My Missus has one of these little rifles and that setup looks very inviting. They're a fun gun and quite accurate to boot. Thanks.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Questions for Ranch Dog

Post by Ranch Dog »

All Braztech R92 round barrel rifles are drilled & tapped for the Rossi P682 mount. You must lift up the rear sight leaf or remove it to see the drilled & filled holes.The trouble is that the Rossi mount has not been available for about two years for some reason. Early last year on the behalf of my members of the Rossi Rifleman forum, I talked NOE Bullet Moulds making the mount.

The NOE mount is slightly different that the Rossi mount; it is still made to the barrels taper but it is slightly higher so that medium mounts can be used vs. high mounts. It also is to the picatinny spec, another reason for the additional height, but this was chosen for the multiple slot spacing vs. the two slots on a Weaver base. The NOE mount is also available in a black and clear anodized finish so that you can match finish on your rifle. The Rossi mount was painted which caused its own problems.

This is a scout type mount so you will use an intermediate eye relief scope or scout scope. All my rifles wear the Weaver K4 Classic Scout. Click on the image below, it will get you to the NOE product page.

Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

If you plan to scout your 92 this is the rail to use it is functional art that we who plan to scout are ever so grateful that Rd has friends in the right places to make things like this happen. +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ahhh....figures. My Wife's Rossi was a Legacy Arms import, no drill and tap. Thanks for the info though.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Horseman wrote:Ahhh....figures. My Wife's Rossi was a Legacy Arms import, no drill and tap. Thanks for the info though.
The Pearson's No-Drill Mount scout mount might work depending on the receiver to dovetail spacing. The link will get you to the page, then page down to get to the Rossi 92 info.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

It's amazing how much info RD has stored up in his head.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

62chevy wrote:It's amazing how much info RD has stored up in his head.
Most of it, useless.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Knowledge is only useless until you or someone else needs it then it is possible that no price or value can be placed on it.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

RBHarter wrote:Knowledge is only useless until you or someone else needs it then it is possible that no price or value can be placed on it.
Very true. My problem is that I have held on to bits of knowledge long enough that when I finally see a point where it would be useful, I can't actually remember what it was I knew.
Michael

Return to “Rifle Reloading”