SeeALLOpenSight Report

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

SeeALLOpenSight Report

Post by Steve »

The Henry Big Boy 45 handles the “See All open Sight” well. After shooting a couple hundred more rounds through it a couple days ago I have decided I am leaving it on the 45.

I shot at small items at various ranges. I Edited to add this: (I started with a 25 yard zero)
With the height of the aim point on the sight being 1 ½ inch above the center/line of the bore It just about automatically puts hold over for various ranges for a 3” aim-point at 80 yards and a 6” at 100 yards. The only time I will be using the 45 colt beyond 100 yards is just plinking.

I am pleased with the See All Open Sight and would probably by another.

https://seeallopensight.com/product/see-all-open-sight/
Steve

Re: SeeALLOpenSight Report

Post by Steve »

Today one of the guys tried the SeeAllOpenSight. He only fired it 10 times, the last couple shots he aimed with it correctly and nailed what he shot at.

He fired this after shooting his Uberty 45-70. Some of the rounds he fired they figured were over 100 years old, they of course were black powder, some took 4 hits on the primer to fire, only 1 did not fire. They kicked the crap out of him, and were mush stronger sounding than the newer rounds he had loaded. We fiqured the BP rounds had a 500 grain bullet.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That guy is braver than I!
Michael
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ranch Dog wrote:That guy is braver than I!
I know what you mean. I moved my chair back a couple more feet when he fired that old ammo.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

My experience with old BP ammo is that it does one of three things. It goes boom in a normal sort of way and the bullet hits somewhere near the point of aim, it goes pop and you might better check your bore for a stuck bullet or the gun goes click and there is a disturbing silence. All of these that I've encountered were "bad" or at least ancient primers. In the even of a cick please follow all normal hang fire precautions.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

From the reviews it sounds like this would stand up to the 45/70 Wizard if it will stay on the Rossi rail. Did you take the front sight of your rifle?

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:From the reviews it sounds like this would stand up to the 45/70 Wizard if it will stay on the Rossi rail. Did you take the front sight of your rifle?

Make smoke,
Negative to the factory sight removal.
9x80Drilling
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by 9x80Drilling »

Steve, thanks for your posts re: SeeALL. I read all their website and am quite interested.
A couple of questions for the forum, and maybe I'd better post on RossiRifleman as well.
Has anyone an opinion on using this sight, mounted on a NOE rail on a R92 for hunting? It would naturally be quite forward of your eye. Intuitively it seems to me it would work just fine for shots to 100 yds.
And, have any of you used this sight on any other firearms?
Thanks.
Roger
Steve

Post by Steve »

9x80Drilling wrote:Steve, thanks for your posts re: SeeALL. I read all their website and am quite interested.
A couple of questions for the forum, and maybe I'd better post on RossiRifleman as well.
Has anyone an opinion on using this sight, mounted on a NOE rail on a R92 for hunting? It would naturally be quite forward of your eye. Intuitively it seems to me it would work just fine for shots to 100 yds.
And, have any of you used this sight on any other firearms?
Thanks.
Roger
My only shooting with it has been targets and on the Henry. I will get another one.

Return to “Rifle Reloading”