New Long Rifle Charging Die

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

New Long Rifle Charging Die

Post by Ranch Dog »

Been needed for a long time and I thank the Auto Drum for probably causing that to happen. The old one size fits all Rifle Charging Die did nothing but crush a lot of long cartridge cases. Bought two to check them out and have been doing so using them with both the Pro Auto Disk and Auto Drum. Ordered seven more from Titan this evening!
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: New Long Rifle Charging Die

Post by daboone »

Crushing cases with the rifle charging die? I have both and never had a problem with either.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:Crushing cases with the rifle charging die? I have both and never had a problem with either.
Up until this year they only offered one die, the one short die. You had to manually stop the ram stroke on long cases. Now they offer two, a long and short die. With the original short die on a long case, 30-30 Win or longer as an example, you could not adjust the die high enough. The interior plug was too long.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Dang I am sure I got both at the same time I got the LCT. That was about 2011. I'm back in Sugar Land now so I can't verify that till I'm go back to Phx. I remember I stopped using the Safety Prime shortly after I got that press that was as I recall the reason I got them.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, they now sell and long and short cartridge die. Let's do it this way, here is the old die (one size kind of fits all)...
rifle_charging_die.jpg
They now offer a Rifle Charging Die Kit which contains both the Long & Short Dies (#90995)
rifle_charging_die_kit.jpg
The die can be ordered individually as well.
long_cartridge_charge_die_90194.jpg
Short_Cartridge_Charing_Die_90668.jpg
[hr][hr]
Now to further confuse the matter, the Universal Powder Charging Die which was designed to be used with the Perfect Powder Measure while mounted on the Pro 1000 & Load-Master has been dropped.
Universal Powder Charging Die 90273.jpg
I have two of these dies and plan on using one with the PPM once I set the Load-Master up for the 7.62X39. So far, I favor the PPM over the Adrum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Once again Lee's naming strategy is coRnfusing.

I have one of those mounted to an auto disc mounted to a Classic Turret. Not sure which one now. I rarely use the turret.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
cj8281
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by cj8281 »

That Rifle Charging Die is the one that I got with the Auto Disk set up that I just bought. I noticed that it has the same part number as the new long charging die. It looks like they made some changes to the dies, the internal piece no longer has a large and a small outside diameter. The Long and the Short share the same internal piece. I made a new internal piece for my Rifle Charging die so I could use it with 9mm and 38 spl. The original one will work just fine with 357 mag brass.

Return to “Rifle Reloading”