Lee Loadall for 2&1/2 " shells ??

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your scattergun; be it buckshot, shot, or slugs.
Flinttim
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee Loadall for 2&1/2 " shells ??

Post by Flinttim »

I am wanting to reload some 12 ga shells with black powder for an old Damascus Ithaca I just acquired. Anyone know if a Loadall can be "adapted" to work 2&1/2 " shells ?
Zippidydoodah
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Re: Lee Loadall for 2&1/2 " shells ??

Post by Zippidydoodah »

You know the best way is to try it. Take some scrap 1/2" plywood and put under your shell and you have 2-1/4". Add 1/4" ply or use a 3/4" scrap and see if it works for you. It should but you'll have to play with it. You can try u tube. I saw a guy load shotgun shells witha couple pieces of wood and a nail for a deprimer. Not fancy but it worked. That is probably how Mr. Lee saw someone doing it and he said he could make a kit to do it for the masses(my take on it)
Rooster59
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Lee Loadall for 2&1/2 " shells ??

Post by Rooster59 »

I don't have a Load-All but I was just staring at my MEC sizemaster. The Load-All would probably manage it like Zip described. It would be slow but I wouldn't be running a lot of shells thru an old damascus barrel scatter gun anyway.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver

Return to “Shotgun Reloading”