Slugs

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your scattergun; be it buckshot, shot, or slugs.
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Slugs

Post by Maximumbob54 »

If I have little to no clue what I'm talking about then I have a negative value clue when it comes to shotty reloading component prices. Looking at just the wads that are available is giving me a headache. I have some hand me down wads in a couple of tied closed shopping bags and only now do I realize I don't even know what they are. I just got up to dig them out of the closet and looking through the bags I know see there are a few different colors of them in the bags. Now I'm even more confused. I have a pair of old MEC jr presses one in 12 and one in 20 that need to be cleaned up and some parts added. The plan was to refurbish them and start loading some light trap loads so I could maybe someday learn how the heck you hit a clay but as with all the other projects this one too is on that back burner. That back burner is pretty huge.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Same here as I didn't realize how critical the wad/shell combo is to shotgun reloading. There is a lot of choices but they narrow down rather quickly as you define a load. From trying to locate a true replacement for the required Winchester wads I've ended up with the large bags. Once the hunt is finished, I will sell them on ebay.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

[youtube][/youtube]

Take a look at this youtube video by Fortuneookie45LC on youtube. May have what you are looking for.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks Mike. I edited your post so that the video can be played from directly inside your post.

Some great information. I will poke around and see if they offer anymore information as the spacers are another story. There is a lot of different sizes of them as well.
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Those monster Lyman pellet slugs look lethal as all get out. Wow.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

Ranch Dog wrote:Thanks Mike. I edited your post so that the video can be played from directly inside your post.

Some great information. I will poke around and see if they offer anymore information as the spacers are another story. There is a lot of different sizes of them as well.

Thanks but it's George or chevy what ever you preffer.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sorry about that.
Michael
jmortimer
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by jmortimer »

Get the Down Range wads or Winchester. Claybuster is a no- go. Friends don't let friends use Claybusters. Circle Fly is best deal on wads and cards. I like the 7/8 with 31 grains of Unique as also recommended by Fortune Cookie 45
"Had his shooting been as good as his running, he might have given a better account of himself."
James. C. Henderson

Return to “Shotgun Reloading”