Lee Loader shotshell loaders on ebay

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your scattergun; be it buckshot, shot, or slugs.
massmanute
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Lee Loader shotshell loaders on ebay

Post by massmanute »

Has anyone been watching the prices for the shotshell reloaders on ebay? I'm talking about the old Lee Loader kits that used to sell for about $10. They don't make them anymore, and the prices on ebay for those old kits are surprisingly high.

I wonder if it is mainly collectors who are driving up the prices, but on the other hand, there couldn't be THAT many collectors out there.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Lee Loader shotshell loaders on ebay

Post by joec »

I bought one for 12 ga and another for 20 ga some times back and paid $15 each but last I looked they are going for about $25 now.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

massmanute wrote:Has anyone been watching the prices for the shotshell reloaders on ebay?
I have been watching the 410 Kits for years. I sold an older Winchester pump because I didn't want to buy a MEC and couldn't get a reasonably priced Loader. 410 Loaders are selling for more than a 410 MEC. That is crazy.

I spoke with Mr. Lee once about a Load-All for the 410 and he said they tried to make one but it had a number of issues.
Michael
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 44-40 Willy »

Probably wouldn't hurt me to find one for 16 gauge as most of the shotguns around here are 16s.
massmanute
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by massmanute »

Most of the ones that have sold recently on ebay have been roughly in the $50 range for a 12 gauge Lee Loader. One sold for $132.76 (shipping extra). The title of that listing said "Vintage Original Lee Loader for 12 gauge Shotgun 2 3/4 inch shells Excellent". A few others sold for over $100. The least expensive one that was seemingly undamaged and almost complete (no instruction sheet) went for $35.56 (shipping extra).

Return to “Shotgun Reloading”