shot makers

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your scattergun; be it buckshot, shot, or slugs.
beekeeper

shot makers

Post by beekeeper »

Does anyone here make their own shot?
What kind of shotmaker do you use?
Homemade or storebought?
Was considering trying it as it is one part of the casting venue that I have never tried.

beekeeper
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: shot makers

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I looked at a Littleton for a while but I'm not much of a shotgunner so it was a lot of money to tie up in something I would hardly use.

http://littletonshotmaker.com/
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

That is what has always stopped me so far.(The price)
Like you I do not shoot enough shotshells to warrant purchasing a littleton unit.
That is why I was wondering if anyone had made their own shotmaker and had plans.
I guess I am looking for a new project as the gun building has come to a halt as like the wife even I think I have enough.
The old addage that"you can never have enough" just doesn't hold a lot of water when you are 78 years old and live in an area where you are the only one that even owns a gun.
So when there is no one to talk guns to it gets a little boring sometimes!

beekeeper
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

I agree bee it is tuff i use to take alot of friends shooting but the cost of ammo and .22 / any rimfire shortages prevents that these days. I have been working more on my suv she is an old 98 durango but she runs good. So always working to keep her going. It gives me ammo for water cooler talk as the phrase goes. Lol I will get alot of shotshell loading gear from my stepdad someday.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

beekeeper wrote:The old adage that"you can never have enough" just doesn't hold a lot of water when you are 78 years old and live in an area where you are the only one that even owns a gun. So when there is no one to talk guns to it gets a little boring sometimes!
Beekeeper, what a great statement! I live in a really gun friendly environment but with the ranch lifestyle there is little time to visit and discuss firearms, fishing, or hunting. That is one of the great things about a forum. Generally when you want to talk there is somebody that is willing to participate.

Been a quiet day here, good old South Texas pushing near 100° with little to no wind. Just sitting and watching the thunderheads build. I think mother nature is going to put on her own fireworks show this afternoon!
Michael

Return to “Shotgun Reloading”