Better Late Than Never

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Better Late Than Never

Post by 357cyrus »

62chevy wrote:OK how did that deer taste and what part did you eat first?
The eye of round roast went first. Its almost like a big tenderloin hidden in the thigh. Sliced into medallions and pan fried. My 1.5 year old Son put a hurtin on those things! He was putting them away faster than I could cut them up!
The next thing we had was spaghetti & meatballs made from an 80/20 mix of ground venison to fatback from a pig we had butchered this past fall.
Venison Taco Salad was next.
Sirloin tip roast in the crockpot with potato/carrot/celery/onion/gravy last night.
The Mrs. is a durn good cook and she'd rather have a freezer full of venison than beef.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Better Late Than Never

Post by 62chevy »

357cyrus wrote:
62chevy wrote:OK how did that deer taste and what part did you eat first?
The eye of round roast went first. Its almost like a big tenderloin hidden in the thigh. Sliced into medallions and pan fried. My 1.5 year old Son put a hurtin on those things! He was putting them away faster than I could cut them up!
The next thing we had was spaghetti & meatballs made from an 80/20 mix of ground venison to fatback from a pig we had butchered this past fall.
Venison Taco Salad was next.
Sirloin tip roast in the crockpot with potato/carrot/celery/onion/gravy last night.
The Mrs. is a durn good cook and she'd rather have a freezer full of venison than beef.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Field/Hunting Stories”