Small Game Carbine and ground squirels

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Small Game Carbine and ground squirels

Post by Steve »

Got to blast a ground squirrel at the park today. I haven't taken time to shoot them since I was a kid. It's fun. They seem like prairie dogs, the wind keeps them down. I decided I was staying long enough to get one and it finally stuck it's head up at the wrong time. so I blew it full of holes with the CCI Quiet 22.

If there is nobody at the park tomorrow and the weather is good I expect to get a few more ground squirrels.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Small Game Carbine and ground squirels

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good deal and doing a service as well!
Michael
Steve

Post by Steve »

I got this one with the CCI Quiet bullet. Listed as 40 gr 720 fps. I wanted to make sure I got this one so I just shot center mass.

This little bullet sure doesn't strike with much authority so unless they are ganging up on me I will try head shots on the rest of them.

These CCI quiet bullets seem like they will be fine to about 30 yards then Remington Golden Bullet is normal 22 velocity and shoots to point of aim at 25 yards. These 2 rounds make this little carbine pretty useful for all around 22 shooting.

I did replace the front sight with the Skinner post sight .500 inch tall to get it to shoot point of aim.
Steve

Post by Steve »

After my lunch settles I am going to put a new battery in the utility vehicle then try to blast some ground squirrels. Hope nobody is using the park. Will still be using the small game carbine with CCI quiet bullets.

Return to “Field/Hunting Stories”