Range report on Cobra CA 380 and blue bullets

Proofing your loaded ammuntion.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Range report on Cobra CA 380 and blue bullets

Post by 62chevy »

Went to the range yesterday and tested both the work up loads for the Cobra and the Blue Bullets for my 45.

The Cobra was chewing up brass but that has stopped at 3.1 and 3.2 grains of TiteGroup. function worked fine at 3.2 grains so RD was right I needed more powder to get it to cycle right. BUT I need to run 50 rounds with no failures to know if we are on the right track. Hard to say with just 5. Testing will continue after the weather clears so more cast can be done

In the picture from left to right is 2.8 2.9 3.0 3.1 and 3.2.
Not sure if another .1 grain could be added or not as the primer is looking much smaller at 3.2 grains.

The blue Bullets shot just fine out of my Hi Point 45. Accuracy seem about the same as the same bullet lubed with 45/45/10. One nice part about powder coating is the barrel looks much cleaner and the smoke is way down, so much so you could tell what smoke there was was from a chamber that was sealed good. Guess I need more powder there too, lol.

It was a great day the Wife shot and 45 and said she liked it, go figure. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Je suis Charlie
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Range report on Cobra CA 380 and blue bullets

Post by akuser47 »

Good to hear
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

62chevy wrote:Not sure if another .1 grain could be added or not as the primer is looking much smaller at 3.2 grains.
Great report. I think I wouldn't add any more. 3.2-grains ought to be max. Any sign of a bulged case at the feed ramp? If not, your good to go.
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

No bulged cases. Plan to make 15 and see how that works, if not I'll add a few thousands to the OAL. Looked like the biggest problem with feeding at lower charges was hitting the ramp and jamming there that and maybe tweak the mag a little. I was looking at it last night and the nose of rounds have a very slight downward tilt. Plus only the middle of the mag is supporting the case.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “The Shooting Range”