Cat Sneeze load shooting

Proofing your loaded ammuntion.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Cat Sneeze load shooting

Post by 62chevy »

Loaded up 50 rounds of 3.5 grains of TiteGroup for my Savage Axis .308 so we headed to the range yesterday morning to see how accurate they shoot and get my new Red Dot dialed in. The darn thing was so far off last time I tried I took it off and sighted shotgun style, cheap Red Dot or is it me.

Instead of going for 25 yards to start I went for 30 foot ya I know close but that let me get the red dot close and next time it will start at 25 yards.

Sent 5 down range and got a clover leaf 3" high and 2" to the left. Keep adjusting 2 clicks down until it was just above the red dot on the target, then 2 clicks until the boolit was just over the bullseye. What I ended up with is a target that had the letter "L" on it. Took me 30 rounds to get that close so put the rest all over the target looking for tumbling and to just have fun.

At 30 foot Cat Sneeze loads work great but the real test is 50 yards. Every time I shot you could see dirt fly from the 100 yard mound so they are making it that far.

Success and the sun was shine what more could a man want oh a Wife that picks up brass for you, yes she did think I'll keep her. :lol:
Je suis Charlie
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Cat Sneeze load shooting

Post by RBHarter »

You really need to make 1 of the Castboolits shoots .
We just had the official NCBS and to say mild to wild is an understatement.

The 308 and 06' aren't bad for getting slow quiet loads but I really thought for a few loads that I might not get them slow and quiet in the 6.8 . I had to drop under 4.0 Unique with a 150 gr to get it under 1100 fps. At 3.5 it's still about a 38 special pistol load.

Have fun with it .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I will have to look into the Castboolits shoot. found 10 grains of Unique would break the sound barrier with my 168 grain lead boolit, that surprised me.
Je suis Charlie
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

They are under competition, get togethers under our town. There are meets all over. At ours this yr we had a 50-70 and a 264 Wm as far as cartridges go that's about as far apart as you can get. Great people too.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “The Shooting Range”