Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph Premium Kit

Proofing your loaded ammuntion.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph Premium Kit

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've even done some shooting with two to verify or establish the BC of my bullet designs. I put one off the bench as usual and then one in immediately in front of the target at 100 yards. Didn't even hit that one.
Michael
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

2 shooting buddies of mine split the cost on a chronograph with me several years ago. Both of them have not used it because they are afraid of blasting it. I offered to pay them for their share and they told me to keep it. Good deal for me I guess.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Steve wrote:2 shooting buddies of mine split the cost on a chronograph with me several years ago. Both of them have not used it because they are afraid of blasting it. I offered to pay them for their share and they told me to keep it. Good deal for me I guess.

You made out guess you can call it a gun gift.
Je suis Charlie
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by oscarflytyer »

RD - THANX for posting this feedback! Starting to really get into cast bullets shooting with my rifles. And data/fps for loads seem to be ALL over the place - sometimes ~500fps diff for same load/bbl length. AND I am tired of guessing... This chrony has been on my wishlist for some time, but not been able to justify the need. Now I can, and your experience is what I was really looking for. Think I am going to pick this one up sooner than later.
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

OK RD - YOU are an instigator AND a BAD influence!!! And as stated above, this chrony has been on my wishlist for some time. And I DID pick it up - SOONER! Like just now! Your review/experience + Sportsmans Guide Veterans discount/free shipping and frustration with cast bullet published velocities created the perfect storm - and one is headed my way! Thanx and No Thanx! Hope I don't get busted when this thing shows up on the door step!
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Follow-up after using the Chrono this past wkend. Had to resort to RTFM to get it all sorted out, which I did on the cheap end on the back porch with a BB pistol! Then took it out to wring out a bunch of reloads and couple of factory rounds as well. Very happy with it. Think I missed maybe 3 shots out of 75 or so, and attribute that to the changing clouds/sun, and it was late in the afternoon. Very happy with it and told me a lot about what the loads are really doing. Thanx RD for the review of this one and pushing over the edge to get it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good deal, I'm glad you are happy!

I like the idea of using a BB or pellet gun to learn the device! Never thought of that!
Michael
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Ranch Dog wrote:Good deal, I'm glad you are happy!

I like the idea of using a BB or pellet gun to learn the device! Never thought of that!
Well, kinda funny, and would never have thought of it had I not seen the banter above about shots/sec, and paint ball guns, and that the chrono was supposed to be able to go down to about ~100 fps. Had a CO2 pellet rifle that recently gave up the seal ghost, and a BB pistol in the drawer. When I put a new CO2 cart in it, the seal had given up the ghost too. Can't be w/o a quiet squirrel equalizer, so went to Wally World for a replacement. Found one that advertised 400 fps. Hah! I said! We shall see! And I now have a chrono! And guess what - it WILL push a BB 400 fps! Welcome new squirrel equalizer! AND how I had to go back to RTFM and figure out how to get the chrono AND the phone app to work together!

Best news was, it was a very cheap learning experience! When I got real range time with real guns, I had burned down the learning curve and everything went very well!

Return to “The Shooting Range”