Qualified for a MN CCW License Today!

Proofing your loaded ammuntion.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Qualified for a MN CCW License Today!

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've a grandson in Minnesota so travel here is a must. MN and TX split the sheet on their license agreements in August so my TX license is no longer valid here. Don't like traveling without it so I did a online course and then the shooting today with my Taurus PT111 Pro. So, next the next time I drive north, I will be able to carry all the way.

The split came because Texas now allows 19 year olds in military service to hold a license vs. waiting until 21. MN disagrees with that, not wanting anyone under 21 to carry, so the TX license is not valid in their State.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Qualified for a MN CCW License Today!

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Well done Mr. Mike ! Although I know the shooting part is not a real challenge it still is heart rewarding to have that document. My son lived in Morristown and worked at Ahlmans Gun Shop for some years. They were very helpful people with all firearms issues.
Mike in Peru
Steve

Post by Steve »

Minnesota does not recognize Iowa because of the poor training requirements. They do recognize the Utah non resident permit so I get by with that when I travel North.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

Steve wrote:Minnesota does not recognize Iowa because of the poor training requirements. They do recognize the Utah non resident permit so I get by with that when I travel North.
I like to use the on-line maps at USA Carry and Handgun Law to try to keep abreast of the rapidly changeling landscape.

You may want to verify that your Utah non-resident license is still recognized by Minnesota. I found the following statement from https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-di ... ocity.aspx:
Utah law does not require permit-holders to demonstrate shooting proficiency. Minnesota law requires training to include shooting proficiency.
Be safe and carry on...
Steve

Post by Steve »

buckeye43210 wrote:
Steve wrote:Minnesota does not recognize Iowa because of the poor training requirements. They do recognize the Utah non resident permit so I get by with that when I travel North.
I like to use the on-line maps at USA Carry and Handgun Law to try to keep abreast of the rapidly changeling landscape.

You may want to verify that your Utah non-resident license is still recognized by Minnesota. I found the following statement from https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-di ... ocity.aspx:
Utah law does not require permit-holders to demonstrate shooting proficiency. Minnesota law requires training to include shooting proficiency.
Be safe and carry on...
Minnesota recognizes Non Resident permits from states they honor. Minnesota does honor Utah. Ref: Handgunlaw.us

I am a Utah instructor for now, but do to my health am going to let it expire next month. I will continue to give classes for Iowa which I base on Utah's requirements. My Iowa classes require demonstration of safe gun handling and reasonable accuracy on the range "which Iowa law does not require".
Steve

Post by Steve »

I stand corrected. Minnesota no longer recognizes Utah permits.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

Steve wrote:I stand corrected. Minnesota no longer recognizes Utah permits.
Steve, didn't want you or anyone else getting busted in MN thinking their UT licenses are still honored there...
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

I need to renew this coming year. I wonder if they'll change anything major in the coming year. Always somthing new no biggie.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Steve

Post by Steve »

akuser47 wrote:I need to renew this coming year. I wonder if they'll change anything major in the coming year. Always somthing new no biggie.
Which state do you have to renew?
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Ohio, I'm a member of a occf, and usaully keep up to date with them and fellows nearby for training/qaulification. Just been mia for a while.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “The Shooting Range”