Savage 10 FCM Scout 7.62x39

Proofing your loaded ammuntion.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Savage 10 FCM Scout 7.62x39

Post by Ranch Dog »

Maximumbob54 wrote:But seriously, You need to get someone to make that bullet mold. So I can buy one. For that rifle. When I have money. Someday. (sigh)
Oh, I will take care of that for sure. I just need a break from playing hunting guide to finish the work. It has been a slow hunting season, I haven't found a suitable deer for my dad and another hunter is showing up tomorrow afternoon for a week.
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

It's hard to feel bad about your job...! But all the same I'm sure it's tiring and it feels good to climb into bed at night. But for us cubicle people it sounds like you are living the dream!!!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Maximumbob54 wrote:It's hard to feel bad about your job...! But all the same I'm sure it's tiring and it feels good to climb into bed at night. But for us cubicle people it sounds like you are living the dream!!!
Haah! I darn sure don't feel bad about it! I do feel bad for my dad not getting a deer yet, %@*&$ poor guide he has! He is actually switching, my friend and ranch hand will be hunting with him from here for the next 10 days as I have another fellow that I need to start hunting with.
Michael
Zippidydoodah
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by Zippidydoodah »

What loads are you feeding that scout? I bet it doesn't kick much.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:What loads are you feeding that scout? I bet it doesn't kick much.
Last first... No it doesn't kick at all. This is an extremely pleasant shooting rifle.

I have shot the following factory ammo: Federal, Remington, Winchester, Prvi Partizan, Wolf and Soviet military surplus. The first four all had appropriate big game hunting bullets. The first three of those where Pointed Soft Point (PSP) bullets, copper jacketed, lead core bullets. I have seen big game killed with all of them. My favorite became the Prvi Partizan Round Nose Soft Point.

On the hog I shot, it broke the shoulder at the joint cutting and cut a 60 caliber hole through the animal exiting at the last rib on the opposite side. Nothing, forward of the diaphragm was but jelly. Many might choose the three USA bullets because they want a spire point but I will favor the round nose with the huge exposed core for killing authority for a cartridge that is good only out to 150 yards for deer sized game.
Michael
Zippidydoodah
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I have the 7.62x39 in TCs contender along with the similar 30 herret barrels in 10 and 14". I was hesitant to shoot hogs with either until I saw yours. It is a mighty little bullet and was well-designed. I looked at your quick load notes for the 30-30, 44 mag, 25-35. Did you publish any for 7.62x39 by chance?
How do you like 25-35?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Did you publish any for 7.62x39 by chance?
I will publish something once I have a 7.62x39 specific bullet. Hunting season has slowed down that work, just not enough time in the day to get it done. This will be my 2014 project.
Zippidydoodah wrote:How do you like 25-35?
I put that data together for a customer but never got any feedback from him. I don't even remember who it was for.
Michael
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

The critters will still be waiting outside for you to plug them... :lol:

Return to “The Shooting Range”