Just when you think you have it figured out...

Proofing your loaded ammuntion.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Just when you think you have it figured out...

Post by klr »

mr surveyor wrote:
It was just a suggestion.

jd
Yep, and I appreciate it. Sorry, I glossed over the "after a barrel scrubbing" part. I agree with fouling shots after a good scrubbing, but was just quick in dismissing your suggestion because it didn't apply in my case. My writing style can be a little blunt, but I hope you'll continue to contribute to my threads. BTW, I scrubbed the heck out of my barrel last night so that I can start with a baseline clean barrel. I'll post up the first group and see how it does compared to later groups.

This afternoon I found some .085" thick cork and applied it to my forearm and reattached it. I had to use a wood clamp to get the front screw started, but everything seems to have tightened up firmly.

I'll load some ammo tonight and see if I can shoot some before the rain comes in this week. :x
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

klr wrote:I'm shooting at 95 yards and using a 2.5x scope. I don't know which shot is the one out of the group because I couldn't see them through the scope and I was too lazy to walk up and check or grab my spotting scope. :oops:
I've been thinking about this since last summer. I have a spotting scope that I use for hunting, and I don't want to lug it up to the range or leave it there. With the new shooting bench, there isn't much room for a scope with my other stuff on it. With my spotting scope that I have, when I take it, I can't figure out what to do with it and end up needing to move back and forth to it.

I would like to match the shot velocity to POI as the TMT Precision Load Records can analyze what is taking place and evaluate shots within a load or loads against another load, but it must record which shot number hit where. Since last summer, with knee hurting, I've been thinking about target cameras especially that I'm shooting more beyond 200-yards than I've done in the past.
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

Since I usually pause between shots I use a high power "Varmint" scope as a monocular and a second target to mark my shots. Scope gets tied to my rest so I don't knock it onto the cement. Works okay except when you get overlapping holes. Of course who cares when they are overlapping :lol: I also work up all loads at 50 meters. Easier than trying to pick out holes 100 meters out even when using a spotting scope and one of those shot showing targets.

Return to “The Shooting Range”