Target Camera

Proofing your loaded ammuntion.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Target Camera

Post by Ranch Dog »

I sold a couple of guns this year and had surprised myself that I haven't replaced them. klr just about changed that with his notice of the Howa Mini 7.62x39 on sale. I don't know how many times I followed that link. I've been waiting for MidwayUSA to put the Caldwell Target Camera on sale and they did so I bought it. I haven't been doing much shooting beyond 100 yards because it is a hassle to wander down there and with our constant wind, a spotting scope on the bench doesn't do well (it vibrates no matter how you set it up). I've wanted to relate shot position to the chronograph as my TMT software can analyze the information and provide feedback.

Super easy to set up and was online in seconds. Nothing to it. I'm running the app on an android tablet, no problems with it either. What would be really cool is if they would make it so that cameras could be added and the app be used to switch between them. Heck, I would run power down my range and add small weatherproof blockhouses to house the cameras.

Now, this picture reminds me that I need to resurface my pistol shooting pad. I tore it up running a water line from the tap at my range out into the pasture to the wildlife waterers I put in last year. Just sold some implements to cover that.
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Target Camera

Post by Macd »

Having your own range is very convenient. I can definitely see the advantage of a camera. I try to go to the range (40 Kim's) early enough so setting up the chronograph doesn't hold up other shooters. I just bought a new Caldwell one with the wired connection to my tablet. Hopefully no one will trip up in the cord and ruin my day.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Despite the Labradar, I still use my Caldwell chronograph. I think it is a good product; use it with handguns and the Trail Boss powder cartridges. The Labradar's trigger is too inconsistent with the lower shot report in our constant wind.
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what you learn from closely keeping track of each shot. :t
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Michael
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

How do you like the Labradar so far? Thinking about one. Now shooting an indoor range, 100 rifle range are concrete tubes. No way to put a chrono out front on the rifle or handgun ranges...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The Labradar is good. Easy to use and no setup other than aiming it at the target. Get their external battery pack, those using aftermarket packs experience some problems. I bought their bench plate, but I'm not using it now. My decade old wooden shooting bench rotted so I bought a Caldwell Stable Table, and the Labradar is now tripod mounted. I will have a post about that.

For your shooting situation, keep in mind that the mid-height of the unit needs to be a muzzle height, offset about a foot. For non-ported barrels, it needs to be abeam the muzzle to slightly ahead.
Michael
EdgeOfEden

Post by EdgeOfEden »

Ranch Dog wrote:Grafs has the Caldwell Target Camera for $100 off!
Thanks, Ranch Dog for the link. I've been wanting something like this and at the price I couldn't pass it up.

Yee Hah! +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

EdgeOfEden wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:Grafs has the Caldwell Target Camera for $100 off!
Thanks, Ranch Dog for the link. I've been wanting something like this and at the price I couldn't pass it up.

Yee Hah! +guns
Yeah, always glad to spend someone else's money!
Michael
EdgeOfEden

Post by EdgeOfEden »

Ranch Dog wrote: Yeah, always glad to spend someone else's money!
Yes, and if you keep coming up with deals like this, my wife will come-a-huntin' for you after she's finished with me!
Cowboy Girl with Gun.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Shooting Range”