Need Your Ideas

Share your projects and problem solving with other forum members! New sub-forum for 3D printer projects for your reloading needs.
beekeeper

Need Your Ideas

Post by beekeeper »

I have a Lee reloader press that I want to mount upside down.
Want to use it to size bullets and install gas checks
I use the rock dock system as I am space challenged
Need some arm chair engineering as to how to mount so as to get best usage of press.
Can get aluminum plate and mount to bottom but is a little too far down to be comfortable for me .
Do not have tig welding capabilities and cost for custom welding around here is astronomical.

Would appreciate your ideas

beekeeper
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Need Your Ideas

Post by akuser47 »

if you have some 5/16 flat aluminum or steel depending how solid you need its base. Drill it and mount it to this plate. Then on the bottom end of cabinet or wherever you plan to mount it make a solid slide in receiver for sad plate. so then you can slide it out put it up when not needed. Sorry I'm not able to make illustrations to explain. The mount I speak of is usually double layered steel or hardwood the top layer off set as to make a channel for your press plate to slide into.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Zippidydoodah
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Load-All

Re: Need Your Ideas

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Make a rectangular wooden box. Depth to fit your workspace. Mount press onside of box so that handle can fall down when box is set on opposite side and bolted or clamped to workspace. You could probably get away using "plastic " egg crates found at Wally World if you clamped plywood to outside and inside to bolt press to. Store your components inside box when done. Use 1/4" bolts and wing nuts for easy ssbly/disassembly.easy-peasey

Return to “DIY Projects & Tips”