Loadmaster powder check

Share your projects and problem solving with other forum members! New sub-forum for 3D printer projects for your reloading needs.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Loadmaster powder check

Post by Steve »

Got into a new lot number of the REX 2 powder I have been using for pistol loading. This lot is denser so it takes less volume to get the same weight. To see the powder in the case before setting the bullet on the case required me leaning my lazy rear forward to look into the case. I installed the mirror shown below so I can see the powder without moving from my relaxed position.
Mirror1.jpg
It is mounted into the threaded portion that held the primer depth adjusting bolt. (I don't prime on the press.)
Mirror2.jpg
This is how I see the powder in the mirror before placing the bullet on.
Mirror3.jpg
Still setting in the same position as the ram starts up I make sure the empty case has been inserted all the way into the shell holder. Now when I complete the stroke I know there will not be a crash, and the cartridge does have powder.
Mirror4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Loadmaster powder check

Post by Ranch Dog »

Looks good, a great addition!
Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Love the bicycle mirror.

+1 +1 +1
Je suis Charlie
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

This is a huge good idea. And it makes me thing. A few years ago I saw a small Milwaukee tools micro video display gadget. It looked neat but it was a little spendy. It had a flexible arm camera that allowed you to see into tight impossible to get to spot. Something like that would work even better. And the price has to be less for it these days.

And a Google search later...

And it's not cheap but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than it used to be. I'm sure something could be rigged up from parts for cheaper. And a few more minutes of search leads me to this:

That's even less but I think it plugs into your laptop or PC and uses the monitor for the display. But still, either way this is soooo much cheaper than its ever been. Heck, I bet if you already use a powder check die then you could even rig the camera right into the same die body or station.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Stuff is neat Maximumbob54 but I am trying to get away from electronics, and a bicycle mirror is even cheaper yet.

Return to “DIY Projects & Tips”