Lee Classic Turret Press Automatic Case Ejector

Product ideas brought to retail through small businesses that complement your Lee reloading equipment.
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Lee Classic Turret Press Automatic Case Ejector

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Lee Classic Turret Press Automatic Case Ejector.JPG
Lee Classic Turret Press Automatic Case Ejector by iviyivieat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Lee Classic Turret Press Automatic Case Ejector

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I will admit that I bought one a while back and I don't use it. It works but I just never feel the need. But then I also never adapted a drop bin for the ammo.
celem
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by celem »

Only seems useful if you also have the reverse direction turret rod that is demonstrated in a YouTube video. I want to continue to be able to easily insert cases from the left. This arrangement looks like you'd have to reach over the holder with left hand or insert from right with right hand. Not for me without the reverse direction turret rod.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

celem wrote:Only seems useful if you also have the reverse direction turret rod that is demonstrated in a YouTube video. I want to continue to be able to easily insert cases from the left. This arrangement looks like you'd have to reach over the holder with left hand or insert from right with right hand. Not for me without the reverse direction turret rod.

Saw that video too but just don't load that fast or have the need to load that fast. Maybe when I find a load I really like then I'll look for more speed. Still testing the Lee 452-200-RF, went from 4 gr Bullseye to the max of 4.6 but really want a very light plinking load so next will be 3.8 and if that works 3.6.
Je suis Charlie
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I'm not aware of a reverse direction anything. Yes, you have to have the shell holder facing with the opening to the right but with my left hand I can still just sweep the case over and into the shell holder just fine.

The guy that runs Inline Fabrication may be ripe to a suggestion that he could build a chute that drops to the side for a bin for this contraption. He did offer a much better bracket to hold a larger bin for the LNL AP so this wouldn't be much of a stretch for him. Maybe I should email him the idea...
celem
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by celem »

Watch the YouTube video below and you'll witness the reverse direction modification. This is the perfect partner for the case kicker because the Shell Holder keeps the correct orientation.

[youtube][/youtube]
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

That guy has a nice setup. I wouldn't bother with the bullet feeder as your left hand doesn't have anything else to do anyways but pick up and drop the bullet on the case. The real gold in that is his drop chute which is clearly designed for his reverse action. He added a comment under a second video that he made his own indexing rod. I assume the twist is the opposite as from what I understand that's what causes the turret to rotate. Also, I see in his second video there is another contraption to the right side that he's not using in the video. I wonder what that does...?

[youtube][/youtube]

I just sent a message to Lee asking if they will custom make a reverse twist indexing rod. If they won't then I will try another source.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

He does put a bullet in the feeder every time even thou it holds 4 or 5 bullets. So his left hand does two thing add a case and a bullet to the feeder. Puuurdy slick.
Je suis Charlie
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Ugh. Lee won't custom make the part. I have an open request elsewhere for someone to make me one so my fingers are crossed. I just can't stop using the Classic Turret and if I can get this thing to work then that might make it even better.
scotland
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by scotland »

I can't help you but suggest a local welder should be able to create the rod.

Return to “Innovative Products For Your Lee Equipment”