Glock 42

Open forum for handguns.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Glock 42

Post by Steve »

I got a Glock 42 today. I have been eyeballing it for a while. It points well for me, shoots good, functions the way I like..... just pull the trigger, no manual safety. 380 Auto, 6 + 1 capacity. +guns
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Glock 42

Post by akuser47 »

Nice, I've looked at them compact for sure.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

I'm a little green Steve as my two LGS have not gotten any in so I can't decide if I want The Glock 42 or the S&W Body Guard. If money don't loosen up I may have to settle for the Hi Point CF380,lol.
Je suis Charlie
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Maximumbob54 »

62chevy wrote:I'm a little green Steve as my two LGS have not gotten any in so I can't decide if I want The Glock 42 or the S&W Body Guard. If money don't loosen up I may have to settle for the Hi Point CF380,lol.
If you are still looking then take a peak at the Taurus TCP. They are made down in Miami and are about the size of the Ruger LCP and S&W BG380. I parted with my LCP because it was just not fitting my had and yet the TCP being shaped just different enough fits my hand so much better. For the price they cannot be beat and it looks like the price keeps creeping up on them. When I bought mine it was the gun and one mag for $180. The only wrinkle is they have made an original version and now the current one. When you buy mags you have to make sure you order the correct one as they both look alike. But it's easy since I've already added one extra. Midway usually has them in stock. Enough, they don't pay me for this so that's all the free plugging they get!!! But I really do like mine or I wouldn't have taken the time to write all this out.

+guns
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

My problem is location. We live in a city of 770 and have one gun smith who loves Beretta and will order a gun but you are stuck with it if you don't like it. The next city has 2 LGS but limited stock with the ones everyone wants, read 9mm and 45 acp. You get blank stares when asking about 380 guns.
Je suis Charlie
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

just throwing in an "option" .... you may want to check out the Kahr line for extremely reliable, well made, double action handguns. I've had the CW9 for some 5 years now (added the trijacon sights shortly after I bought it) and it's been 100% for every thing I've asked of it. I also had the smaller CM9 for a couple of years for "boot carry", but found my old S&W Model 36 to be more versatile. The CM9 was sold and converted to a new RCBS digital scale, a chronograph, and other reloading supplies. My son still caries his CM9 daily and swears by it. The cammed action in the Kahr triggers make the trigger squeeze extremely smooth and consistant, although rather "long" .... which is in itself a safety factor in a handgun with no external safeties. I wish I had been able to hold out for the (steel) MK9 as I'm just not a fan of "tupperware" guns, but the Kahr line is certainly worth looking in to.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Maximumbob54 wrote:If you are still looking then take a peak at the Taurus TCP.
Here is another fan of the 380 Auto and Taurus TCP. I actually own TCPs chambered in both 32 Auto and 380 Auto.

I shoot my TL358-100-RF cast bullet out of the TCP 380 Auto

Michael
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 62chevy »

I need to make my way to a big city and a pocket full of cash. At least look and then order locally.
Je suis Charlie
Steve

Post by Steve »

Nobody mentioned the gun that started it all. The tiny and homely little Kel-Tec 380. 100% American made. I have carried one of those often for maybe about 10 years.

I think it is the smallest of all the little 380 autos. They have a lifetime warranty. When I first got it, it was unreliable, they fixed it and I have shot it a lot over the years with no trouble since then.

What I liked about it the most was in a pocket holster it just disappears. Accurate for as tiny as it is. When I have to stay 100% concealed I will still carry it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

When I looked at the small 380 Autos I considered all three; the 3AT, LCP, and TCP. I wanted a slide lock and a slide lock after the last round fired, all tactical considerations for self defense conceal carry. The TCP was the only one that had it all.
Michael

Return to “Handgun Discussions”