IWI Jerico 941

Open forum for handguns.
Hoosier21
My Press Choice: Turret

IWI Jerico 941

Post by Hoosier21 »

Anyone out there have any thoughts on the Jerico's since IWI released them in the US last year? I've had my eye on them. I know they now have a plant in the U.S. Just wonder about CS, and parts availability. I did hear the finish on the steel models does not hold up very well.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: IWI Jerico 941

Post by Ranch Dog »

+corn
Michael
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

I would look at the polymer frame because of the weight if you want to carry. Price is not expensive.
This gun is on the top of my "must get". list.
It's made in Harrisburg PA so there should be plenty of parts around and CS is supposed to be pretty good.
They are also making some of the other IWI weapons there like the UZI and Galil and the Pup all in semi-auto only.
If you do buy one, keep us posted on your experience with it
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by buckeye43210 »

I also like CZ 75 clones. The .40 S&W and 9mm 941s share a lot in common with the small frame (think narrow frame) Tanfoglio pistols. Tanfoglio pistols are imported into the US by European American Arms and rebranded as the EAA Witness. Armscor also imports Tanfoglio pistols as their MAP1. They are called 941s because they used to ship them with two barrels. One chambered in 9mm and another chambered in 41AE. I still have my 41AE barrel and reloading dies, but reasonably priced brass seems to have all but disappeared. The 40 S&W displaced the 41AE in the marketplace.

If you buy one in .40 S&W, you should be able to down convert it to 9mm with just a barrel and magazine swap. Another conversion barrel to consider is one in 357Sig. 22LR Conversion kits are also available...

Tangolio pistols are also known as Italian Combat Legos :-)

Return to “Handgun Discussions”