Taurus Spectrum

Open forum for handguns.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Taurus Spectrum

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hey Tom Myers and any other owners, how is the Spectrum working out for you? I see that Taurus has dropped them from the lineup and you can buy one NIB for as low as $130.
Michael
Tom Myers

Re: Taurus Spectrum

Post by Tom Myers »

Not a whole lot to report yet.
I originally purchased the Taurus Spectrum With the Magenta colored grips and side panels for my wife. Master Lolita promptly informed me that PINK is the only appropriate color and a proper lady should have nothing to do with that "yucky MAGENTA THING".
I attempted to persuade her, by firing a few rounds, that FUNCTION, PERFORMANCE and EFFECT were the proper criteria for judging the acceptability of a carry piece.
Didn't work. But the few rounds that I fired convinced me that my manhood would not be compromised to a great extent by being seen with a MAGENTA sidearm. Besides, it is meant to be carried concealed. Right?

So, I looked around and found, at an outrageous price, a Taurus Spectrum in PINK configuration and maxed out my yearly firearm budget in hopes of salvaging our plan to each obtain concealed carry permits with consecutive case numbers.
The Pink Taurus was completely acceptable so I was busily powder coating some N.O.E. 359-92-RN (PB) bullets for load testing the two Taurus 380s when Master Lolita came in to check up on what I'm up to.
Yup, you guessed it. "But those are not PINK. I want PINK bullets." Back to the castboolets website to order
some of SMOKE420's Pink (telemagenta) coating powder.

[img]Bullet%20Selection[/img] Cartridge Image

So, I finally have a few 380 Auto rounds loaded for shooting but will need to wait for the spring thaw to do anything meaningful for testing.

Oh, another little project of mine was to upgrade the Precision Shooting Software Load Records Software to be able to edit the color of the bullets in the Cartridge Imaging module. Hopefully, I'll be able to publish at least one more Precision Software upgrade sometime in the near future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Taurus Spectrum

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very nice upgrade Tom! I get it, pink is pink.

I was thinking about ordering this one in Lee Precision colors! $135

Michael

Return to “Handgun Discussions”