Another "Thinking of a new gun" thread.

Open forum for handguns.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Another "Thinking of a new gun" thread.

Post by mikld »

I have been reloading and shooting my 9mm pistols a lot lately, but the two I shoot a lot are "compact" size. Got my stimulus check yesterday and wifey-poo said I deserved another gun so I'm thinking of a full size wonder nine. Been watching video tests/reviews on line and an thinking about three; Walther PPQ, Bersa TPR9, and Canik TP9SF. with possible a Taurus G3 if the others aren't available in the next couple months. These are all within my budget and I intend to buy through a local gun shop to help local businesses. Looked briefly at Glocks,17 and 19, but for some reason those went on the back burner (why? dunno ). So, any thoughts on my choices?
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Another "Thinking of a new gun" thread.

Post by Macd »

My son has a PPX that he bought as a range kit. It shares many of the PPQ features as far as I can tell. He loved it. It never failed to cycle even with semi-wadcutters.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Can't help much as my only full size 9mm is a Browning/FN High Power from 1967. Still going strong.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Played with a few 'wonder nines.' Not a real fan/nothing has tripped my trigger in that category. However, I DO love the Luger (didn't get mine back from Germany... and too expensive here). The S&W Shields are great for a CCW. But have to say, one of the most fun I have played with is the Star BM(s) (prob because I am a big 1911 fan!). Had 4, still have 3. Carry the nicest one on occasion. Prob gonna part with other two, only 'cause I don't do much with 9s (45 pref). But I will def keep the one I carry. Love it and shoot it extremely well!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have the Nano and the Shield.

CLICK HERE
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Not knowing your budget nor the availability of this product I think the RIA 1911 9mm, 22tcm combo looks like a real treat to me. I have no experience with the ones you mentioned.
Kaiser
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Kaiser »

The CZ-75B (not mentioned) is my choice! It is the Browning Hi-power in a "double action" package at about 60% of the Browning's cost. Try it, you'll like it.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

Of those three you mentioned, my son has a Walther PPQ M2. It's a nice gun. Reliable, accurate, and feels good in the hand.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Kaiser wrote:The CZ-75B (not mentioned) is my choice! It is the Browning Hi-power in a "double action" package at about 60% of the Browning's cost. Try it, you'll like it.
I own a couple or 3 SA/DA pistols and my current carry gun is a Springfield XDE is 45ACP. It's reasonably light, carries well in a deSantis thumb break and did I mention it's 45 ACP. Still I still remember Jeff Cooper's comment about DA auto loaders being a solution in search of a problem.

Your right the CZ-75B is a very nice side arm.

Stay well, be safe, make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
mikld

Post by mikld »

Well, if things don't get better soon, I'll be buying a new gun for Christmas. All the ones I have looked at are "out of stock". All the CZ75 clones are sold out. All the DA/SA guns are sold out. Even the high dollar ($1,000+) are sold out. All the Berettas are sold out (92 series, APX, Storm). I have one lead on a S&W 5906, which interested me several years ago, but can't get any info on current stock. And the more I research the more guns I find and yep, I want them all... :lol:

Return to “Handgun Discussions”