Open forum for handguns.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I just closed the deal on this little gem. I probably am paying too much but the new 1s go for a grand as a custom shop item and my Dad's Colts 1917 is .......well worn and valued at over 900. Makes me feel pretty good about what I'm giving for this S&W made in (best guess) December 1916 . It comes with 1 box each ACP and AR and the full moon clips. Why on earth would anyone part with a 1917 to buy a SR9......? Oh well, mine now. It appears I am about the 4th owner give or take for issue and return. I need a flap holster and a lanyard ring to put it is issued order. This has me excited enough to actually get a new correct stock for the 03A3.

Anybody have a pet load for a 255 RNFP or a 45-200 SWC. Opinions on letting trimmed Schofield brass headspace on the case mouth as a substitute for the thicker rimmed AR? I have a shoot the 1st weekend in June ,1 contest calls for an empty gun and no loaded magazines to start clips I expect might be fudging the rules a little too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: 1917

Post by akuser47 »

nice
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: 1917

Post by 62chevy »

Nice gun.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Handgun Discussions”