Parker Hale #4 Supreme .303b

Open forum for rifles.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Parker Hale #4 Supreme .303b

Post by Ranch Dog »

Macd wrote:I ordered some Speer 180 grain HCRN soft points. I have some cast 160 and 180 grain RN bullets also that I want to try with Trail Boss. That should get me started.
Looking forward to the range report!
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

I thought about starting a new post but since it is about same rifle I will add to this one.

I have some experience bedding, preloading or free floating one piece stocks but this is my first foray into two piece ones. The front stock on this rifle was touching all along but not consistently. The receiver had full contact but there is really no recoil lug just the single screw that goes up through the front of the trigger. The rear screw for the trigger guard acts as pin and the guard a hinge. I did some research and considered several options to correct the barrel contact including the one that Ranch Dog shared with me. The option I chose was provided on Enfield Rifle.com by a member called Gossic. He shared the following pictures in response to my request for advice. I chose the centre bedding option (second picture). Tightening the trigger guard screw down puts considerable preloading on the barrel but allows the front to float free. It remains to be seen what effect this has. Once I get the best load then I will adjust preloading and or placement of the centre shim to see if it improves accuracy. Think I am going to have to invest in some additional brass :) .
IMG_20180213_155904.jpg
IMG_20180213_155845.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I appreciate the images Macd! Both of my rifles are treated as per the second picture as well.
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

Put a new scope on today. This one is a 2-7x32 with an inch or so more eye relief. I included the picture of the first scope; the one that gave my nose a good smack. The bottom centre of the scope lies tight on top of the base. This is my first Vortex scope. Not a top brand but will see how it holds up. It has a good fit and finish.
PH Vortex.jpg
PHaleScope Mounted2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Looking forward to the report.
Michael

Return to “Rifle Discussions”