Time to polish brass on the Henry.

Open forum for rifles.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Time to polish brass on the Henry.

Post by Steve »

I finished polishing the Henry and reassembled it. Looks good.
The Never-Dull doesn't seem to be very aggressive so with reasonable care in keeping Never-Dull off the wood and bluing I can see doing a pretty good job on the brass without disassembly of the rifle.
Steve

Post by Steve »

This is how it came out. Was easy to do.
Brass2.jpg
Put a God' a grip cheek piece on the stock. Now when I shoulder the weapon the sight aiming point is in view without searching.
Brass1.jpg
This is weird science. Notice all the hardware on the receiver is blurred but the triangle for aiming is in focus. That is the same way it works in use. Sight and target are focused. (My eyes needed this!)
Sight.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Wow, that sight looks good! So does the rifle!
Michael
Missionary
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Have a Zouave Navy Arms that has not been polished in the 30 years of my ownership... Looks like a real well hunted rifle. No sun glares off that brass. But I have seen new rifles reflect the sun from distance. If I can see it how much more would a critter note "man over yonder with a shinny thing".

I agree with Mr. Mike.. that is some sight !
Mike in Peru
Steve

Post by Steve »

Missionary wrote:Greetings
Have a Zouave Navy Arms that has not been polished in the 30 years of my ownership... Looks like a real well hunted rifle. No sun glares off that brass. But I have seen new rifles reflect the sun from distance. If I can see it how much more would a critter note "man over yonder with a shinny thing".

I agree with Mr. Mike.. that is some sight !
Mike in Peru
Agreed on the shiny stuff in the field. I have camouflaged duct tape if I have the need to be invisible, and the main purpose of this rifle is just to play with at the range.

The patina on the side of my receiver was so uneven it looked just plain bad. And I like the brass. May get another.

A friend of mine is wanting my Marlin Golden 39A. I don't like the small lever and trigger guard. So I think he is going to be the proud owner of it and I'm gonna get a Henry Carbine for a truck gun. 22 cal. for pest.
Carbine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I'll take a 39A from anyone that wants to give one away.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Steve

Post by Steve »

GasGuzzler wrote:I'll take a 39A from anyone that wants to give one away.
This Marlin was pretty expensive when I bought it new about 5 years ago. It was also made in New Haven, Conn.

It was designed by lawers. Has a cross bolt safety to block the hammer. Had a rebound system to put the hammer at half cock. I did away with that rebound mechanism, and have a conventional half cock for safety. The manual actually said when carrying the weapon loaded to have the hammer in the half cock position and the lever open. Think about that one! I remember I had to read it multiple times to believe they even wrote it.

It is an accurate rifle and doesn't have a scratch on it, works perfect. The reason I bought it is because it is actually and adult sized 22. Don't understand why they built a man sized 22 then put a child sized lever/trigger guard on it. If there was room for gloves on it I would keep it. I would only buy an old Marlin now.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I didn't know they made them that recently.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Steve

Post by Steve »

GasGuzzler wrote:I didn't know they made them that recently.
I have no idea how long it was on the rack. I think it is still in production, but I think they are made overseas now.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Steve wrote:[ A friend of mine is wanting my Marlin Golden 39A. I don't like the small lever and trigger guard. So I think he is going to be the proud owner of it and I'm gonna get a Henry Carbine for a truck gun. 22 cal. for pest.
The deal is done, Chet gets the Marlin, I get the new Henry. I have already started thinking about the next Henry. I have been eyeballing a Big Boy in 44 mag. Did you ever notice that one mans "pet" is often another mans "pest".
Carbine.jpg

Return to “Rifle Discussions”