Rossi 92 value

Open forum for rifles.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Rossi 92 value

Post by Steve »

Has anybody researched what a nice used Rossi 92 in 45 colt sells for these days? May have a lead on one, but it's a friend so I want to pay him a little on the high side but fair. I say on the high side because I value the friendship more than saving a few dollars.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Rossi 92 value

Post by klr »

Steve wrote:Has anybody researched what a nice used Rossi 92 in 45 colt sells for these days? May have a lead on one, but it's a friend so I want to pay him a little on the high side but fair. I say on the high side because I value the friendship more than saving a few dollars.
Here is the best price I've seen for a new one: Of course, add shipping and FFL fee to get the total cost.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/482
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

That is a pretty good buy . I gave 560 for a 16" tax and fees 3 yr ago brand new unfired Rossi/Braztech . I just bought an "antiqued" pre-Taurus Rossi 92' 20" at 450 . A Browning or Winchester run close to 2x.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Steve

Post by Steve »

I got the new Small Game Henry Carbine 22 to play with. The Skinner receiver peep sight is a pleasure to use (It really works well with my old eyes.)

Now I have decided I have to add a Rossi lever gun to my box of toys. Of course I can't even decide on caliber, but starting to lean towards 454.

I do have the sight picked out for what ever I get. It sure is sharp looking to me. And it looks like it will do a good job of covering up the hole where their new safety will be removed if I buy a new rifle.
Skinner_RRG_ALASKAN_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The sight pictured above is for the Rossi Rio Grande which is no longer being manufactured. The specific rifle in the picture is the RG4570B, the Rio Grande chambered in 45-70 Govt. The Rio Grande is a design based on the Marlin 336 and the RG4570 is a great rifle with a very large cartridge. Marlin could never figure out how to get a 45-70 Govt into a 336 frame, that is what gave us the 444 Marlin, but Rossi figured it out.

The 92 has an top eject receiver so the sight you pictured cannot be used with it. Skinner does make a peep sight for it but it is a barrel mounted peep sight. All it takes is knocking the rear sight out of the dovetail and replacing it with the Skinner.

Oh, production of the 92 chambered in 454 Casull stopped in 2014, same as the Rio Grande series, so if you see one you might want to consider it real carefully. Another thing to consider is the general lack of spare parts for the Rossi products other than screws. Anything that is cartridges specific on the 454 Casull would not be available; cartridge guides, butt stock, and anything related to the magazine tube.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

There is a gun smith in Conway Ar that makes a dove tail peep sight that covers the safety hole for the 92'.
Malcolm Balistic Tool
Tim Malcolm , aka Goodsteel elsewhere.
It seems like it is responsibly priced and includes the machine work for installation.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Steve

Post by Steve »

Good info, thanks fellows.

Return to “Rifle Discussions”