Henry Triggers

Open forum for rifles.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Henry Triggers

Post by Steve »

The Trigger on my Big Boy Colt 45 was not too bad but had more travel and some gritty creep in it. All it took was a little bit of polishing on the surfaces of the sear and the trigger that touch with 6,000 grit paper on a flat file.

I removed one turn from the main spring also. Now the trigger does not have any noticeable creep in it and breaks with a surprise when you fire. It improved my shooting of the rifle.

I also have a Henry Small Game Carbine 22 LR. The trigger on it was perfect right out of the box.

Actually the trigger on the 45 was pretty good out of the box, but I knew what it needed to make it better and I couldn't help myself.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Henry Triggers

Post by akuser47 »

Never tuned one only Henry I have is mares leg 22.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I've fixed almost all of my triggers.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report! Henry is definitely getting interesting. I know a lot of shooters are looking for the Single Shot to be a "Handi" clone with good wood but I'm hoping it will be something along the lines of the Ruger #1. In that they are chasing the BLR, I think this wouldn't be unreasonable.

Remember the Mossberg SS!. Very nice looking rifle with great reviews but is literally disappeared. I did some reason on it and found that the manufacturing equipment was sold and requirements by the purchasers were silence about who bought everything. The buyer has never been identified.
Michael
jdl447
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by jdl447 »

I saw an add for Hornady new for 2017. 25-35 ,218 Bee and 41 mag ammo for lever actions. I don't know how many rifles are out there for these cartridges. Maybe they know something?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jdl447 wrote:I saw an add for Hornady new for 2017. 25-35 ,218 Bee and 41 mag ammo for lever actions. I don't know how many rifles are out there for these cartridges. Maybe they know something?
May be they are going to offer rifle chambered in these cartridges, already doing the 41 Mag of course.
Michael

Return to “Rifle Discussions”