new Scope

Open forum for rifles.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

new Scope

Post by Steve »

I was thinking about prairie dogging the other day, usually I blast them with my 223 with 3X10 scope set on 6 power, got me to thinking the next scope I got would be a fixed 6 power.

I stumbled across a BSA 6 X 24 with 75 bucks off. I planked down the remaining i35 and put it on my VTR. On a lot of shots I made I had wished I had more than 10 power. Now I do. A friend of mine had 24 power on a 223 Akley. I had used it on a few long shots, It was neat.

When it warms up some more and I finish kicking the rest of this pneumonia I will zero it in and post the results with pictures. (This Remington VTR always does it's part so I don't plan on embarrassing myself.)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new Scope

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sorry to hear that you have been down with pneumonia, been wondering where you have been.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Pneumonia is no fun to be sure . I've had it at least 3x it's pretty nasty when it breaks up and actually starts to clear ...... Get well .

If you should find that fixed 6 isn't working out I have a loving home for it with a nice 257 Roberts .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The Weaver K6 was probably the most popular bolt action rifle scope here in South Texas when I was growing up.
Michael

Return to “Rifle Discussions”